Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I know they are big and the one I found will need restored and a couple panels on the front will need to be reformed but other than that its all there, inside is rust free and I have a set of original ATLAS TIRES decals for one. Just wondering if anyone has ever restored one on here and if they have any before and after pics? Sorry no pictures of the one here but they were common i believe so most should know what I am attempting to describe. They have they huge sliding tin doors with the support beams that extended past the cabinet itself. They cabinet itself must measure 10 to 15 feet wide and it must be 10+feet high and im thinking it would hold near 50 tires. Any shared stories,pics or restoration tips would be appreciated,thanks for looking,Marc (Imagine the oil cans a guy could fit in one of these wink

Last edited by greasyboy1970; Thu Jun 06 2013 06:24 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I just wish I had one to store some tires in, forget restoring it. Although, I'm sure that would be cool!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It would take the right person to be able to use one! I know what you're talking about though and they would make a nice storage area attached to the side of a building. Make a nice place to store the firewood!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I need one for my old bias ply tires!

Last edited by rogerg; Thu Jun 06 2013 07:13 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Even funnier thing! Called the old man and he installed it with my grandfather!!! He also said he and grandps installed over a dozen throughout eastern S.D. so I guess i will have a new storage shed behind the garage. Tomorrow I will go lube all the bolts and screws and come back this weekend and dismantle the old girl. Plan was lately to save at least the top sign but that is out the window now I guess smile. I google mapped Lazer's in Huron here and went to street view and it is sitting on the north side of the building in its current glory! Feel free to check it out but then again its a tire rack smile. I will document the process of course to confirm my insanity. Somebody has to save one of these!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If anyone knows of one around Spokne Wa. I would like to find one for the side of my station.
I looked up each word so I think I got them wright.
Thanks
Rick

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I hauled a couple home years ago, just pulled my trailer up next to it and laid it over on its back, headed for it.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have better pictures of this I can email if anyone wants to see what this thing looks like up close. Feel free to post here on Oldgas if you wish as I am unable to. I have found all the decals that go to one of these also which made my day! Have A Great Week Everyone!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Can anyone see this ole girl? This is what I was talking about earlier on this thread. I would love to see one in its former glory in a picture if anyone has one,thanks for looking.

atlaspic1.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's cool. I want one!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
How long before these are repopped smile?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is what a couple of Atlas tire cabinets looked like in Canada back in the late 1950s. I like the idea of advertising on the the doors. If you got the room it could make a great display unit if you didn't want to use it to store all your spare tires. Cheers, Don,

atlasa.jpg atlasb.jpg
Last edited by coopersplace; Thu Jun 13 2013 09:13 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Those things get their own zipcode.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I'd like to have a nice Gulf Tire Store cabinet...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey cool, thanks Don, mine is jsut like the Atlas in your pic except I think mine has one more section of rack inside, hence big boy cabinet,thats what the old man called em anyway .They are very cool original but yes, they may require their own zip, ha smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved