Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-VINTAGE...=item3a8221656b

Her words not mine. She has quite the story on this, a corvette and a super chev. sign. She researched them thoroughly!

item #370836639236
Her OK sign is more concerning It's up over $200 14 inch ???

I mailed her she is adamant the dealership guy is correct.

Last edited by ddkinsey; Wed Jun 19 2013 09:05 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Item number:370836639236

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
looks questionable.. cool

RANDY
Quite the negative feedback record for this seller.

USN ret. 1966-1989
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
if you read through the feedback it gets even worse

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
That super chev she has listed is not old correct?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sure doesn't look "original".....hell, you could state the Pope said it was original!! Some of these sellers really ought to work on spelling & grammar......"petina"???

TOM
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
I would not buy from that auction house or car dealer that said it was original. Give me a brake!

Last edited by Tankar; Wed Jun 19 2013 06:24 PM.
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Listed in all the repro catalogues and on the shelf in all the Cracker Barrel restaurants for 19.95. Her story is b........t. Never made in that size period, plus grommets wrong for the age of the sign, if it was real. She states copper which is right, if it were real it would be plated brass or brass.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
10 negatives on 3300 sales is quite negative? Her negatives have nothing to do with signs .Most of them are for Things like a little rust ( or a scratch) on an item that she forgot to mention.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
a lot of the crooked sellers have no negative feedback, does that mean you'd buy their stuff?
Originally Posted By: Texacopumpdog
10 negatives on 3300 sales is quite negative? Her negatives have nothing to do with signs .Most of them are for Things like a little rust ( or a scratch) on an item that she forgot to mention.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
.I would not buy this sign,but I might but a real sign from her (if she ever lists one) .She probably doe's not know that her sign is a repop. I am just saying that with all the different items she sells .In the volume that she doe's 10 negs is not that bad.She is not a horrible seller just because she has shipped a few items
That were not perfect.Maybe she is telling the truth about the appraisal.There are a lot of appraisers who know almost nothing about signs.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
that feedback is not bad , if it was bad ebay would limit her selling or they would banned her

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Maybge a few negatives show an honest seller .Anyone who has sold a lot on Ebay knows about the "Feedback Blackmailers" .They find some tiny little discrepancy in your description ,and demand a huge discount (or want your item free) .If you don't cave in to their ridiculous demands they leave you negative feedback .It takes a lot of backbone to be able to stand up to those dishonest people .The result is negative feedback for the seller- that Ebay will do nothing about .In spite of what Ebay says about protecting sellers from unfair feedback- the truth is they will do nothing .

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
First I will address the post. I started this post because of the new signs described as being old not feedback. Since this thread is so off track I have to say something. The neg. feedbacks this seller has really does not have anything to do with my original post. IMO the neg. left in this sellers feedback are not the issue. Reading the negatives really surprised me, why would you leave a neg. for a 99 cent or $1.29 item ? I think that is ridiculous.

Now I have something to say about "Feedback Blackmailers" Ebay will do something if any buyer or seller tries to blackmail for feedback. If you have an email that says, or insinuates leaving a neg. for anything, ebay will step in. You have to report it. You have to be proactive and call and state your case to someone in person. They will read the email and if a neg. has already been left ebay will take it off. They will contact the person that left the feedback and take appropriate steps.

Originally Posted By: Texacopumpdog
Maybge a few negatives show an honest seller .Anyone who has sold a lot on Ebay knows about the "Feedback Blackmailers" .They find some tiny little discrepancy in your description ,and demand a huge discount (or want your item free) .If you don't cave in to their ridiculous demands they leave you negative feedback .It takes a lot of backbone to be able to stand up to those dishonest people .The result is negative feedback for the seller- that Ebay will do nothing about .In spite of what Ebay says about protecting sellers from unfair feedback- the truth is they will do nothing .

Last edited by ddkinsey; Fri Jun 21 2013 08:15 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved