Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
I will edit it
Originally Posted By: baileybee
victorian references the era of queen victoria... which ended in 1901... the sign is not that old

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Anthony, the boxes I bring home to ship big stuff in, are near new and perfect that had doors, fenders, hoods, grills ect in them and for free it makes a big difference.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
A common thread I see in this, well, thread, is justifying high prices. I think that's the way it all started.
There's no need to justify your (anybodies) price.
You price it, if I want to pay that price or feel it's within negotiating room we'll go from there.
If I feel it's too high, I'll pass and keep my mouth shut.
If it IS priced too high then it'll probably come down after it there's no bites.
Much ado about nothing, but it is entertaining (in a train wreck sort of way)

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
But what it does do is to slowly inflate prices over a period of time. We have all seen Ebay and online auctions have the same effect on prices.
I spoke to a gentleman today about a vending machine that sold on Ebay for $3000+. I told him that I sold one in unrestored condition in 1990 for $275. LOL
Example: Anthony's Gulf sign. I saw one of those WITH the pole priced at $100.00 at an auto show/swap meet and it was unsold for two days back in the early 1990's. NO MAS! You find one today and the sign alone is $300-$1000. Add another $200-$400 for the ring.How does the seller justify it...he saw one like it on Ebay. It is similar to shoplifting...everyone eventually pays if your are in the hobby.In a free enterprise-market economy the buyer determines the price, but those buyers with the most money create high prices for everyone.IMO + economic theory. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
W
W
ENOUGH

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved