Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
I buy gas and oil stuff and I sell a lot of it, Buyin and Sellin Antiques and collectibles is what I do for a living. I have restored (backyard) a couple pumps in the last couple years and I usually just go with a company that I think will sell. Texaco, Shell, Polly, mobil, etc... I recently have a new project that needs a theme/ oil company. What is, in your option, the company that sells the best. The item I am redoing is Canadian, but does not have to have that theme. ANY HELP WOULD BE HELPFUL, again I am redoing it to sell, not keep. I know this will be a matter of option, but yours would help
thank ya

Last edited by JunkinJohnny; Mon Jul 01 2013 05:48 AM.

Looking for any broken neon clocks.
Buyin, Sellin, Swappin, and tradin anything old.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Want to post a picture of the pump? Or at least what kind it is?

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Its very simple. Do it in a theme from stations that were viable in the area you intend to sell the pump at! Restored pumps are often harder to sell and buyers tend to want a brand they can identify with.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Generally speaking it really depends in whether you are going to market the pump to a large audience, local audience, or a specific small set of regular customers.

The broadest appeal for 40s/50s era would be Mobilgas, Texaco, Shell, Gulf.

KW's right on with local audience appeal more likely to be what existed in the area. Smaller regional brands which held appeal.

If you have regular customers who buy specific brands from you, then they would appreciate a pump in that brand. I.e. Cities Service, Dixie, Frontier.

As you step backwards in time to the visible pumps stick with the brands which actually used the pumps.

As you step forwards into the 60s the flashy colors tend to move better, Gulf, Sunoco, Shell, etc.

Like with so many things, restore it to a brand you appreciate, because if it takes you a while to sell it you can enjoy it until you do.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved