Next Thread
Print Thread
#42745 Tue Sep 03 2002 06:39 PM
Z
zul32 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Hi everyone,
I have something I'd like further identification on. My father-in-law gave me a really nice specimin. It's an ornament that you attach similiar to a license plate frame, but goes above the plate.

The item is about 7 inches high, and roughly 5 inches wide. It has a picture of a man holding what looks to be an oil can with
a really long spout on it. There is only one word in large black letters (about an inch high) in the middle which reads "TYDOL".
At the bottom of it is a single bolt hole to screw on to the license plate.

He told me that these were given out at the filling stations free to customers who probably purchased gas at their tydol gas station.
I'm not sure of the year they were distributed, or what it's value is, or how common they are (or the exact story behind them).
Finally, if anyone can tell me what their value is too, that would be great.
P.S. I wasn't sure how to attach a image, so here is the link to it below: http://www.zulsplatepage.com/images/myplates/tydol.jpg

Thanks,
Wes

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#42746 Tue Sep 03 2002 06:46 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hi wes , well i don't know the history of it but theres one on ebay right now or was , under tydol , or maybe veedol too ,

#42747 Wed Sep 04 2002 09:15 AM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
commonly known as the "little engineer".. you can find these on ebay under veedol/flying A.. value is based on condition and what someone will pay.

#42748 Wed Sep 04 2002 10:33 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
A nice specimen is worth somewhere in the $100 range.

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
#42749 Wed Sep 04 2002 09:55 PM
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
This sign was made in two Tydol vesions, white with black highlights and yellow with black highlights. A Veedol version was made in red with white highlights. The white Tydol
version is the most common and runs from $45 to $75 in good condition. The yellow one brings about $25 more and the Veedol is probably the hardest to find and is worth about $35 more than the common one. Once again condition is very important mint examples can bring more and damaged ones much less.

Bill Fortune

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved