Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
hi all
Over a long time thinking it over, I've come to the decision to restore my pair of National A38 pumps in Flying A Gas..
The question I have is about the colour scheme as I'm doing the pair like in a pump island theme. Pump 1 will be in Standard Flying A gas & pump 2 will be in either 100+ or Ethyl.
Firstly did the majority of Flying A gas come in porcelain/mint green colour and did they have a different coloured section or panel when 100+ or Ethyl was being used. I know the ad glass & decal changed but comparing to my National A62, there is a white paint scheme on a former 100+ model.

thanks

Martin

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Not the pumps you were looking for Martin, but they might possibly help you out.
The first pump is an original Rapidayton with the 100+ decal.... looks like the pump doors were white and the sides were possibly red.
As you can tell from the second picture it was originally the green porcelain that they painted over.

Here is a link to Slama's website and his National A-38 ad glass:

http://www.slamaglobe.com/ad_glass.html

The second pump is an original green porcelain with the 100+ ad glass.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If your interested in original glass I have one each of the red-white Flying A and the Flying A Ethyl...Frank

I collect anything Hyvis oils
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
In the book "Guide to Gas pump restoration" it appears as if the Associated pumps were all green for all grades up until 59 where the 100+ came into use. It was red with white doors. To match the 100+, your Flying A pump should be green with white doors (59-70).

So chose the time period and your good to go ;-) Considering the time frame of the A38s, I would assume they would be all green? But that's up to U :-)

br
Claes

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thanks for the feedback guys... I think i've got some head scratching ahead of me when I get to painting them.
Cheers

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved