Print Thread
#43074 Sat Nov 03 2007 12:25 AM
Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Have recently started working on our very own, first ever gas pump! Apparently it was still being used when removed.

This virtually rust free model appears to be the version without the larger rectangular door ad glass inserts. Just has the smaller round ad glass inside the top -0- trim. This model also never had those hose guard bars.

Yeah man! Have it now pretty much gutted. Main pump and motor removed. Not going to completely restore this unit but rather prefer to display as an non-working old original with the exception of lights and addition of a Texaco globe.

Now have a number of what many may think dumb questions, concerns or thoughts etc, while trying only to refurbish and clean it up some.

- is there any call, need, use or sense for saving the [boat anchor] operational guts etc? What all is normally removed? What about the gas plumbing and enclosed electrical wiring system removal?

The -0- door trim, round 3 1/2"? ad glass inserts are both missing.

Whats the number or description of the unique round elongated light bulbs that illuminate the two faces? Are they still readily available and where?

The curved door glass appears to be readily available. Do most suppliers also include in their price, the rubber seal for same?

Appear to be missing some of the various stainless trim pieces along with the mounting clips used for covering those door glass rubbers.

is it difficult to change the computer, price per gallon setting.

Finally what is all the commotion about completely rebuilding the computer or whatever inards, when the actual operation of said pumps is not an issue.

Some of the various items, still needed:

- door, 3 1/2" round, white or whatever ad glass inserts [2]
- #? light bulbs [2] for face display fixtures
- curved door glass to cover faces etc
- #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that accepts the stainless trim pieces
- complete set of stainless trim [both sides] that fits over the rubber seals, preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc
- ? hose guard bars [2]

Also unsure of how exactly the reset mechanisum etc functions or works etc. So most likely have a few questions later about it too.

Sorry for being so dumb and long winded. Any and all help or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 11-05-2007).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#43075 Sat Nov 03 2007 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can't answer all your questions and these are my opinions but take out everything you don't need for display purposes and throw them away which includes plumbing, motors, some electrical ect. Door glass I have cut at a local glass shop if it flat otherwise purchase from a supplier on this site. You should be able to find original parts for this pump if you look long enough and check Ebay. Otherwise but new parts from suppliers on this site if new parts don't bother you or replace them with original as you find them. As for changing the price, the dials should just turn side to side if they are not frozen. You may have to lift up on them a bit and turn at the same time. As for the computer it all depends on what you want. You can have Joe get you a super nice restored one or you can just clean yours up and leave as is.

In the end it is your pump and you can do as you want with it. You can make it super nice, leave it near original, or somewhere in the middle.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
#43076 Sat Nov 03 2007 11:56 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
You won't be able to get a piece of glass cut for you, it is curved. I believe it is the same glass that goes in the 966 and these are being reproduced. Many of the parts for the 1066 are the same as the 966, click on the "Parts" at the top of this page for suppliers of these parts.
Many of the other parts you will have to get from someone who is parting out this type of pump.
There are a number of pumps in the "1000 Series" Bennetts, some of them are shown on page 87 of my Gas Pump Identification book. All these pumps will interchange with your pump when it comes to exterior parts.
If you are interested, I have original color ads, color sales literature and a parts manual for this pump, email me.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identificaiton book and Air Meter Identification book
Having a parts manual for your pump is the same as having the owners manual for your restored car: www.petrolianacollectibles.com

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 11-04-2007).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#43077 Sun Nov 04 2007 06:23 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
ynot - Posted a reply under your post in the "Wanted To Buy" section.

#43078 Mon Nov 05 2007 06:49 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Hey YNOT......I have lots of 1066 parts as well...Let me know what you need,,,Still looking for some drive-in speakers???, I have some...LMK...tks Warren

#43079 Tue Nov 06 2007 12:16 AM
Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thank you Keith, Jack and Kurt for all your input etc. Great stuff guys!

Email sent Warren and yes Sir! We sure do remember that bud. At the moment we also have plenty of them too.

For those inquiring minds, curious about what we still need for our... Bennett 1066 gas pump.

These are the various items, still required:

- door, 3 1/2" round, white or whatever ad glass inserts [2]
- #? light bulbs [2] for face display fixtures
- curved door glass to cover faces etc
- #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that accepts the stainless trim pieces
- complete set of stainless trim [both sides] that fits over the rubber seals, preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc
- ? hose guard bars [2]

Would like to know what of the above you may have available with prices please, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 11-06-2007).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved