Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HonestOldTimer, Can you Honestly claim your Real Name is Mason Dixon?

[Not a New Member, old member w/ a 2nd registered user name which is against Membership Rules.]

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
First of all,welcome back.I hope you stick around and offer well reasoned comments on other threads;sounds like you have the experience and temperment to so.As Dave noted,I think we need all of that we can get.

As to your pump,very nice work.Out here in New Mexico,not really farming country statewide,that pump in not all that common.Since you asked for thoughts,I'll tell you that out here the pump would go for about $600 -$800 if you found a guy with a nice restored JD tractor to go with it.I say that because back when I was doing old tractors,including JD's,that is about the range they were thinking about.Anything much over that and they will spend more for a Tok 39 or something similiar done up in JD that they can put a pop globe on.Best of luck.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Bub, here around my area in ky a lot of farming dealers and farm collectors . sold my last one for 1000$ to a John Deere dealer. Just finished the pump, so haven't gotten a chance to take it around yet . Just tossed it up on here and boy got some mixed feelings . Haha. Oh well

Last edited by HonestOldTimer; Fri Oct 26 2012 08:43 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig, I think what everyone is missing out on is that; this is the for sale forum not the general discussion forum. The purpose of this forum is for sellers to advertise items for sale and potential buyers to search for items to purchase.

The test for an appropriate comment should be; what I'm about to post will it hinder either party? Some of the comments have tainted or spoiled this thread as far as the sale of this item goes. Potential buyers may not be as likely to pursue the purchase of this pump.

Is that the spirit and intent of this forum? Why couldn't some of the above posters use a bit of grey matter and tact and send a PM instead? After all we are mature adults; with some life experience. Is it really, that difficult to be considerate of another member? We are quick to pull the trigger when someone fails to show us some consideration, but it is okay for us to be inconsiderate?

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Craig , i know this forum is full of nice people.It just doesn't always show. Mason

The Guidelines of this forum category do not allow criticism of the price or condition of the item for sale. But when a seller specifically asks for offers and opinions, that rule no longer applies. It is still expected that members use tact and general application of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have people do unto you.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
smile I AGREE 1000%

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
SOLD!

Last edited by HonestOldTimer; Thu Nov 08 2012 10:25 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved