Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
-This is a RaRe Tokheim Clock Face Gas Pump restored from the ground up John Deere!! FOR SALE $2000
-3 tone Paint
-The original motor has been restored and is in working condition
-Original Hose, fittings and handles ,screws you name it
-Power cord has been replaced with a brand new one, however we still have the original power cord rolled and zip tied
-John Deere Logo is Painted on "Not a sticker or decal"
-3 foot tall
-16 inches wide
-10 inches deep
-Weighs almost 200 Pounds
-Look over the pictures really well to get a good feel for this bad boy!
-Words can't explain this pump, Needs to be seen in person!
-Never seen another one like it
-FOR SALE $2000
-Located right outside of Louisville,Ky " Pewee Valley"
-ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL ???

Last edited by HonestOldTimer; Tue Oct 23 2012 10:20 PM.
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
I've been looking all over for one of those! Awesome pump!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Amazing pump ,I tried to upload more pictures but it wouldnt let me put up more than 4. I have plenty of before and after photos . This pump turned out just great. Never seen one in all my years that looks this good and has a working original motor!

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
So this thing is ready to pump gas? Good deal if so. Very nice Job

Looking for any broken neon clocks.
Buyin, Sellin, Swappin, and tradin anything old.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Yes sir motor works. Screw in the hose's and you are good to go.Its a old Diesel motor, so you would be ready to pump Diesel. We have them all zip tied up so nothing gets scratched. Its show room quality.

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Throw out a price! I bet it's gone before ya fall asleep!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Asking $2000 FOR ALL THE REASON ABOVE. Thanks!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them,Or even drop your thoughts about the Pump. Thanks Yall

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
2000$ Is the asking price. If anyone is interested shoot me over a offer! Thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: HonestOldTimer
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them,Or even "drop your thoughts about the Pump". Thanks Yall

Common farm pump, book shows value at about 100.00 bucks. Good luck!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
ive sold 2 different ones for over 1000$ each. you cant buy a farm fresh one for 100$. Books are garbage when it comes to a lot of stuff.

Or even drop your thoughts about the Pump.

You asked for thoughts....

I agree with Mick.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Indeed thoughts are great,i love hearing what people have to say. But really 100$ come on....
You cant buy these farm fresh for 100$ and if so you got a good deal. thanks you all .

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you got over a $1000. for this style pump that is great, around here farm fresh pumps like that end up going to the scrap yard because the farmers can't get $50.
Don't take this as being picked on it is just the facts of collecting.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
this is fully restored and in working condition.

I have passed on more than 50 of these over the years. All were priced well below 100 dollars.

I think a couple of years ago, somebody had like 10-15 of these at Peotone? Price was cheap too, I dont think they sold.

Im not bashing your pump, it looks great. If you can get over 1k for it, take the $$ and run.... Fast.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
i have sold a texaco one and a sinclair one i did last year at the Kyanna swap meet in Ky . one for 1250$ one for 1000$ . These pumps i do are show room quality. 2000 is a asking price , if people are really interested please send over a offer of more than 100$ wink . Thanks folks, and i will be posting some other stuff here shortly.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
ryan,i agree. it's hard enough to get someone to shell out $2000 to $2500 hundred for a visible these days.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i These pumps i do are show room quality. .

The nozzle looks rusty?

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These are $25 pumps. On the last day of the large swapmeets you could bring a truckload of these home for a K. Ive seen these left behind by smart vendors so they are not tempted to bring them back next year.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
i These pumps i do are show room quality. .

The nozzle looks rusty?

BUT it's an Alum. Nozzle Mick!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...you asked for thoughts...here goes:

...it's not a retail pump - it's a commercial pump...these were rarely branded...and there's no such thing as a 'John Deere' pump...and no serious John Deere collector would spend real money on this when he could buy an old, authentic piece that will actually appreciate in value...

...I get it: these pumps are easy to find and cheap to buy, so it's easy to 'restore' one and say 'look, here's an antique gas pump'...but they're not the same thing...

...the only way you'd get $2000 (or even $400) for this pump, is if you found someone who (1) doesn't know, or (2) doesn't care...this forum is more of a collector forum, not so much for some guy who doesn't know any better, and thinks 'gas pumps are gas pumps' - unfortunately for you, that guy is your target market...

...it works? that's great - but who's going to put it outside to be used, just to ruin the finish?

Last edited by gulfiend!; Thu Oct 25 2012 04:12 PM. Reason: thought it was $1000 - but it's 2000

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
even though those pumps have little value,give credit where credit is do.he did a nice job on the pump.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...yeah, the paint looks nice and shiny, but no collector is going to drop $2000 on it - unless they're at Barrett Jackson...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
at Barrett Jackson.

It takes 2 Guys to run the price up to that point! BUT IMO, the guys at BJ would rather have a Fiberglass Fantasy Time Sentry.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
i agree, let's not beat the guy up,but, i think $2000 dollars is stupid.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No worse than admitting you live on L.I.!
OR your Real name is Mason Dixon [check his profile]!

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
what's the matter with living on long island? DICK. what did i say that was wrong. i agree that 2000 dollars is way to much for that pump.i have no idea what you"re talking about.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nothing IF You like it.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
You did a great job restoring the pump, for a farmer this would be great and he could appreciate it. The price though that we get for those is much below that.
Good luck with your customers

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
2000$ is just a asking price . Sounds like some people are stuck up. . I restored this from the ground up . Got very little into it . Turned out great . Would be a great collectors item. Nicer than I've ever seen one. Don't see a reason why someone would take so much effort to be negative . This is a great item and would take a reasonable offer. Not too worried bout selling it though. Goes great in my collection of 28 gas pumps. It's the original Handle I didn't want to put a replacement Handle for it. This is my new account on here lost all my old info. Been a member since 2004 , so show a little respect for your elders. Everyone getting bent out of shape over a 62 year old feller tryin to show people my latest restoration. God bless .

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'd be willing to work a great price , don't hurt to start price high , when allowing people to throw out offers .

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Beautiful pump! Someone will look at it and just need it for the collection and scoop it up! Good Luck!

Always buying and selling Neon Dealer signs pumps air meters
www.porcelainneonsigns.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Where is Peewee Valley, Kentucky?
Google Map does not Know.
Quote:
This is my new account on here lost all my old info. Been a member since 2004

Jim Potts Oldgas Moderator could have walked you thru Re-installing your account.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
It's , pewee valley , your spelling is wrong , it's outside Louisville, ky . This is my new account , haven't been on in a year or more , lost my info and changed emails and such.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
you can ask what ever you want its your pump --nice job-if iam ever your way look

you up iam sure there some good picking in your area good luck on your sale

looking for spanish gas signs
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Look me up anytime when out this wAy. Got tons and tons of old goodies!

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Nice looking pump!! And if you ever need any more a guy came to my house about 4 months ago and gave me 7 or 8 of them because he seen that i collected gas pumps. I took them because they were free and didnt want to hurt his feelings so if you ever need any more look me up. I may have to do one of them in john deer for my wife she is a farm girl !!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HonestOldTimer, I admire you for your patience and calm. Three pages of guys not cutting you any slack and you're still civil. Need more level headed guys like you on this site.

It's your pump, your restoration and you have the right and the privilege of ownership to set your asking price. I don't think it's anyone's business but yours...Let potential buyers and seller establish the current market value.

I hope at 62, I'm still restoring pumps. At the very least in my books you have earned the right to ask whatever you want for your pump.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm not a pump guy, but I do love some John Deer tractors, so I appreciate the color scheme. Looks great sir. I admire your patience with these fellows, and I am sure you'll do great with it, most likely on eBay is my best, BTW, it appears you have 2 offers pending on your eBay link.

Guys, I see absolutely no sense in bashing this piece. There has been a lot of ***** that has been listed in this forum and it hasn't garnered a fifth of the razzing this has. Kudos to those of you who offered up your opinions and advise respectfully.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A new member puts up a simple innocent pump for sale and it turns into an opinion-fest. Most comparing apples to oranges...$50-100 scrap to a nicely restored showcase pump. Nothing like kicking someone in the butt for a job well-done.

If you don't like the price....you don't have to buy it....move on and leave your negative B.S. in your head.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Look, some of the post here are a pat on the back for a good job, and I believe that the restorer was asking for comments. Just because a comment was made that that particular person thought that the price was high does not make their belief bad or bashing. If I could tell you all the times someone had said my prices were too high we would be here all day. Different parts of the country as we have spoken before gets different pricing, does not mean that there are bad or good areas. Asking for comments is what was one of the things listed. I do not believe anyone said that the job was bad or inferior, some just thought that the price was more than things like that were selling in their area.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Atleast there are some reasonable folks on this board. Thanks to you kind folks. Nothing wrong with posting your thoughts, that's what I asked for. But I didn't ask for someone to take 15 minutes to bash my item. Doesn't hurt me at all . God bless . Ps. I should have photos posted of my garage in the coming days .

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HonestOldTimer, Can you Honestly claim your Real Name is Mason Dixon?

[Not a New Member, old member w/ a 2nd registered user name which is against Membership Rules.]

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
First of all,welcome back.I hope you stick around and offer well reasoned comments on other threads;sounds like you have the experience and temperment to so.As Dave noted,I think we need all of that we can get.

As to your pump,very nice work.Out here in New Mexico,not really farming country statewide,that pump in not all that common.Since you asked for thoughts,I'll tell you that out here the pump would go for about $600 -$800 if you found a guy with a nice restored JD tractor to go with it.I say that because back when I was doing old tractors,including JD's,that is about the range they were thinking about.Anything much over that and they will spend more for a Tok 39 or something similiar done up in JD that they can put a pop globe on.Best of luck.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Bub, here around my area in ky a lot of farming dealers and farm collectors . sold my last one for 1000$ to a John Deere dealer. Just finished the pump, so haven't gotten a chance to take it around yet . Just tossed it up on here and boy got some mixed feelings . Haha. Oh well

Last edited by HonestOldTimer; Fri Oct 26 2012 08:43 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig, I think what everyone is missing out on is that; this is the for sale forum not the general discussion forum. The purpose of this forum is for sellers to advertise items for sale and potential buyers to search for items to purchase.

The test for an appropriate comment should be; what I'm about to post will it hinder either party? Some of the comments have tainted or spoiled this thread as far as the sale of this item goes. Potential buyers may not be as likely to pursue the purchase of this pump.

Is that the spirit and intent of this forum? Why couldn't some of the above posters use a bit of grey matter and tact and send a PM instead? After all we are mature adults; with some life experience. Is it really, that difficult to be considerate of another member? We are quick to pull the trigger when someone fails to show us some consideration, but it is okay for us to be inconsiderate?

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Craig , i know this forum is full of nice people.It just doesn't always show. Mason

The Guidelines of this forum category do not allow criticism of the price or condition of the item for sale. But when a seller specifically asks for offers and opinions, that rule no longer applies. It is still expected that members use tact and general application of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have people do unto you.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
smile I AGREE 1000%

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
SOLD!

Last edited by HonestOldTimer; Thu Nov 08 2012 10:25 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved