Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I dont tell my wife what i buy, She has no idea, And thats the way i am going to keep it!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
it all started with neon clocks, now i have a mixture of everything at first i bought everything i see,now i try to buy nice stuff soo if i ever see something i like i have some good trading power or just sell something, stuff that makes it into my collection never really leaves.

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Need to save for a house but can't stop buying signs!...and I love them all so it's hard to sell some to pick up cash!...it's a habit I hope I never kick..and being 25, I have a lot more buying to do.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
30+pumps, several air meters and a ton of signs later I work under two theory's (in the interest of a mutually happy marriage)

1) Never keep it all in one place (makes it more difficult to count)

2) Once it is in the house - it has always been in the house (works with guns too)

always looking. This past weekend I spotted an Eco air meter in central pa still on the wall of a old service station and was looking for someone in the area to discuss the possibility of making an offer when a kid on a bike pulled in and topped off his tires. Ding - Ding - Ding. Very cool. Not for sale. Too bad.

Always looking for more pumps, meters and signs.
Some say it is a problem, I say it is a solution
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Sometimes just a single gas pump or large sign can really make a statement.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I hunt every day, its a sickness I can't even explain. I enjoy everything about it though. The shows, the people and friends I've made, its not always just the money. It use to be comic books for me, and those still interest me a little. But the first time I met Glenn Thompson and saw a Wayne 50 showcase, I called mom and told her to put my comic books away forever!

Goober

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hahahahaha I agree.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Scott this is great advice. Very very true

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
It is an addiction but a constructive one. My wife supports me since she knows there are worse things I could be out doing.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
when buying for your collection, just make sure and buy extra that you can resell and make small profits on. these profits will pay for your collection. then the wife has no argument or complaint (other than a really full house & garage!).

this is how I operate and it works well for us.

(oh yeah, and also dont forget to think about the Mrs, there has to be something at sales that she has interest in too. for mine, she likes vintage small motorized items, hence my signature)

Last edited by baileybee; Fri Aug 02 2013 04:36 AM.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Scott Williams
a kid on a bike pulled in and topped off his tires. Ding - Ding - Ding. Very cool.

Wow does that bring back the memories!!!! My neighbor buddies Dad had one in his garage when I was a kid. I used to see how fast I could turn the crank and watch the numbers spin. And of course the one at the local Standard station that I used to mess with when I was waiting for Dad to get his oil changed. I had no idea!!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: jbrooks
there are worse things I could be out doing.

...ain't that the truth...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
man i bought nothing this week but have the weekend off you never know what will happen

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved