Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45925 Fri Dec 09 2005 09:39 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Hi y'all,

I just joined up becuase I'm trying to buy my hubby a nice sign for Xmas, but everytime I look at a posting, there's usually a number in the description, saying the signs a 6 or a 7.5 or an 8 or so on. I figure this is supposed to tell you how nice the sign is but I don't listen to close when my husband talks signs, so I'm not sure. Can anybody send me a guide of what these numbers mean? I want to get a good looking sign, but it don't need to be perfect. If you guys could help, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks a bundle!

------------------
~~~Sue Beth~~~
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

~~~Sue Beth~~~
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#45926 Fri Dec 09 2005 09:49 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Sue...I'm no sign expert, but you are right on about the numbers being a condition grade. If you are looking for a nice sign for a decent price, stay in the 7.5-8 range. Most big-buck collectors shy away from these unless it is a tremendously rare piece.

#45927 Fri Dec 09 2005 10:16 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks, that's good advice. Does anybody know of an established guide of the 1-10 system that show what to expect conditionwise at each level? That's really what I'm after.

------------------
~~~Sue Beth~~~

~~~Sue Beth~~~
#45928 Fri Dec 09 2005 10:50 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Sue- the numbers and the rating associated with them vary greatly. An 7-8 to some would be a 5-6 to others.

I would say look for a sign with less then 3-4 quarter size chips and a bright shine and your hubby will like it. Location of the chips is important as well, if it is on the edges no big deal buy if it is in the middle of the sign you may want to look for others. Where are you located as he may have a brand that will really make him happy.

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
#45929 Fri Dec 09 2005 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'D GUESS KALAMAZOO SUE LIVES IN INDIANA! NO....WAIT....THAT WOULD BE KOKOMO ....THEN IT WOULD HAVE TO BE MICHIGAN. MAYBE THE CHEESE COULD HOOK YOU UP! THE MAN IS A LEGEND!

DOC @ TAG.WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#45930 Fri Dec 09 2005 11:38 AM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Sue, perhaps you could give us a little more input (spending range, type of sign, brands desired, brand he currently has, etc.) that would allow some of these cats here to make suggestions.

I bet some would even post pitures examples of what you could expect to find in grade 5, 6, 7, or 8, and what it might cost you.

Who knows, you may find seller for that perfect sign from this group you can trust rather than take your chances elsewhere. Just some thoughts.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved