Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
2000$ is just a asking price . Sounds like some people are stuck up. . I restored this from the ground up . Got very little into it . Turned out great . Would be a great collectors item. Nicer than I've ever seen one. Don't see a reason why someone would take so much effort to be negative . This is a great item and would take a reasonable offer. Not too worried bout selling it though. Goes great in my collection of 28 gas pumps. It's the original Handle I didn't want to put a replacement Handle for it. This is my new account on here lost all my old info. Been a member since 2004 , so show a little respect for your elders. Everyone getting bent out of shape over a 62 year old feller tryin to show people my latest restoration. God bless .

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'd be willing to work a great price , don't hurt to start price high , when allowing people to throw out offers .

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Beautiful pump! Someone will look at it and just need it for the collection and scoop it up! Good Luck!

Always buying and selling Neon Dealer signs pumps air meters
www.porcelainneonsigns.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Where is Peewee Valley, Kentucky?
Google Map does not Know.
Quote:
This is my new account on here lost all my old info. Been a member since 2004

Jim Potts Oldgas Moderator could have walked you thru Re-installing your account.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
It's , pewee valley , your spelling is wrong , it's outside Louisville, ky . This is my new account , haven't been on in a year or more , lost my info and changed emails and such.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
you can ask what ever you want its your pump --nice job-if iam ever your way look

you up iam sure there some good picking in your area good luck on your sale

looking for spanish gas signs
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Look me up anytime when out this wAy. Got tons and tons of old goodies!

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Nice looking pump!! And if you ever need any more a guy came to my house about 4 months ago and gave me 7 or 8 of them because he seen that i collected gas pumps. I took them because they were free and didnt want to hurt his feelings so if you ever need any more look me up. I may have to do one of them in john deer for my wife she is a farm girl !!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HonestOldTimer, I admire you for your patience and calm. Three pages of guys not cutting you any slack and you're still civil. Need more level headed guys like you on this site.

It's your pump, your restoration and you have the right and the privilege of ownership to set your asking price. I don't think it's anyone's business but yours...Let potential buyers and seller establish the current market value.

I hope at 62, I'm still restoring pumps. At the very least in my books you have earned the right to ask whatever you want for your pump.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm not a pump guy, but I do love some John Deer tractors, so I appreciate the color scheme. Looks great sir. I admire your patience with these fellows, and I am sure you'll do great with it, most likely on eBay is my best, BTW, it appears you have 2 offers pending on your eBay link.

Guys, I see absolutely no sense in bashing this piece. There has been a lot of ***** that has been listed in this forum and it hasn't garnered a fifth of the razzing this has. Kudos to those of you who offered up your opinions and advise respectfully.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A new member puts up a simple innocent pump for sale and it turns into an opinion-fest. Most comparing apples to oranges...$50-100 scrap to a nicely restored showcase pump. Nothing like kicking someone in the butt for a job well-done.

If you don't like the price....you don't have to buy it....move on and leave your negative B.S. in your head.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Look, some of the post here are a pat on the back for a good job, and I believe that the restorer was asking for comments. Just because a comment was made that that particular person thought that the price was high does not make their belief bad or bashing. If I could tell you all the times someone had said my prices were too high we would be here all day. Different parts of the country as we have spoken before gets different pricing, does not mean that there are bad or good areas. Asking for comments is what was one of the things listed. I do not believe anyone said that the job was bad or inferior, some just thought that the price was more than things like that were selling in their area.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Atleast there are some reasonable folks on this board. Thanks to you kind folks. Nothing wrong with posting your thoughts, that's what I asked for. But I didn't ask for someone to take 15 minutes to bash my item. Doesn't hurt me at all . God bless . Ps. I should have photos posted of my garage in the coming days .

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved