Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47626 Wed Feb 01 2006 09:21 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Okay, I am still confused as to what I have here. The pumps on the outside appear to be the same. One of them had the model number "96ER1H" stamped on the reset crank bezel, the other was blank. The one in the middle was stamped "994A16L". I plan to keep the one on the left. The front panels had chrome trim on the top only and also have an ad glass opening. Someone here on the board said that they were probably not 96's. Didn't the 906's have two pieces of chrome on the front panel.

I don't care about the one in the middle but would love to confirm what the heck I have so I can speak correctly when ordering parts.

So......

....is the pump on the left a 96, 906, 994 or 996?

TIA
Chuck

http://netnet.net/~buchholz/ftpH2vpUp

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The picture in the "Gas Pump Guide", by Jack Sim, shows NO trim on the 906. However, I have seen G&B 96 pumps with two and three trim pieces. Yours appear to only have one piece. It is not the trim that determines the model on pump. In my limited knowledg, and experience, your pump on the left, looks like a 906. Certain parts are interchangeable in the 900 series pumps. Parts like the tops and steel trim....

Have you contacted Vic's, and asked for a catalogue yet?

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The difference on the 906 and 996 is probably on the inside (compare). The 996 was made before the 906, but the difference on the outside are the doors. The 99x has a smaller meter window than ad glass window, and the 90x has the same width on both windows (wider meter window than the 99x).
Does the holes on the left pump door look factory? If not, someone may have put a crome strip n that door... if it does look factory it is a bit strange - never seen a 906 door with strips,
btw, the last 6 indicates a pump with retractable hose...
IMHO, the pumps are from left to right: 906, 994, 996.
rgds,
Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 02-02-2006).]

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 02-02-2006).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved