Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#48264 Tue Nov 11 2008 08:58 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I use MS Access. It's a little spendy, but if I need to share information with someone who might need it, I can export into an Excel spreadsheet. What I like is its capability to find a group of items quickly (query function). I can make tables of information I discover later and also connect them with the original item without having to reformat stuff. The best comparison I can make is to a modern library catalog.
Unless you're running Windows Vista, you can get a 2003 version of Access for a lot less money. (Anything above Access 2.0 is just fine.) A great function is that you can embed a thumbnail photo of the item in its record. This really helps if you're a visual person, which I suspect we all are with our love for pretty petro.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#48265 Tue Nov 11 2008 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The software Jarvis was talking about is great! Sounds like it has a lot of the features you want, Gary. I will be mailing his copy back to him tomorrow, so maybe he can share with you then. LOL.
Tara

#48266 Tue Nov 11 2008 06:37 PM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
OK...a couple of problems solved. I now have pics with my items but it's a really, really weird way to get them there. Also, you can create "New Collection" to sub divide your collection into globes, maps, etc. This program does not have a cost/value total so I'm not too happy about that. A couple of more things kinda irritate me too. Nothing major though.

Do I recommend this software? NO. I think MS Access (as mentioned by others) or Quicken Pro and even an Excell spreadsheet MAY do more things for you. Save your $$$$.

Tara or JJ, does that program total cost for you? Jarvis and I have talked and he is willing to loan me the program. If it will total cost/value, I'll give it a shot. Tara, if you haven't already mailed it back to John, email me for my address. Thanks.

#48267 Tue Nov 11 2008 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gary,
You can total purchase price or current price which i use as replacement cost. Pic loading is like ebay... click browse and look for your pics.

It is a MS access based program. I don't think the company is in bussiness any more.

Tara... if Gary wants to try it just send it to him. Don't tell Wes and i still want to tease Wes. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#48268 Tue Nov 11 2008 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gary.......i bought this same program you bought on ebay & before i did that was one of my questions to them,"will this program keep a running total of prices" I recieved an answer back, yes click file & i can't remember the rest but they assured me it would....they also answered my emails promptly & were very helpful......i have not recievd the program yet, but will let you know what happens

#48269 Tue Nov 11 2008 07:48 PM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Roadrelics, there is a "Report" thing under "Files" and you type in item numbers or dates or other info and it will give you a total. It's not a column total like I'd like though. But then, I'm OCD. LOL

If you have any trouble getting pictures to transfer, just let me know.

#48270 Tue Nov 11 2008 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
E-mail sent, Gary. :-)
John, as far as teasing Wes, you know I'm all for that! But, I have a feeling he'll find out, since you did post on a forum that he also reads! LOL.
Tara

#48271 Sun Nov 16 2008 06:21 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
OK...this is the last I will harp on this topic. I stated earlier that I would NOT recommend this program. With a little more practice and answers from the site program support, it is now easy to use. And I like it!!! The support person is fantastic and answered all my "DA" questions courteously and quickly. The program does a lot of stuff and do I recommend it now? YES.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved