B
buytex Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35684&item=3661645597
THIS SIGN WAS SOLD TO RAY AND SELLER KEPT
HIS MONEY I HIT RESREVE AT 1800.00 AND SOME ON OUTBID ME AND RETRACTED HIS BID I TOLD SELLER I WAS GOING TO RETRACT MINE HE BEGGED
ME NOT TO BUT I DID SINCE SOMEONEOUT BID ME AND THEN RTRACTED AND NEVER BID AGAIN THE SELLER TOLD ME TO PUT MY BID BACK AND I COULD HAVE SIGN SO I DID HE NEVER TOOK SIGN OFF AND WHEN I EMAIL HIM TO STOP AUCTION HE USED HIS GRANDDAUGHTER AS AN EXCUSE SAYING SHE HAD A CAR ACCIDENT TO BUY TIME THE NEXT DAY HE SAID HE HAD TWO OFF THE UNITED MOTOR
SIGNS I WOULD GET THE ONE SHOWN AND THE HIGH BIDDER WOULD GET THE OTHER WELL HE TOOK MY MONEY AND THE HIGH BIDDERS MONEY AND RAN HIS PHONE IS SHUT OFF I TRACTED HIM DOWN AT WORK AND LEFT 6 MESSAGES WHICH SHOCKED HIM AND HE EMAILED SAYING HE MAILED BOTH SIGNS BUT I DIDNT HAVE INSURANCE NICE TRY I GAVE HIM 50.00 FOR THAT LONG AND SHORT HES A SCAM ////////////////////
I CONTACTED EBAY CAN ANY ONE ELSE HELP
IF YOU EMAIL ME AT TEXACOMAN@COMCAST.NET
I HAVE ALL THE INFO FOR THIS SELLER
HE HAS OVER 4500.00 OF OUR MONEY AND WE HAVE NOTHING HE HAS TO BE STOPPED HELP PLEASE THANKS RICK

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#48861 Sat Mar 13 2004 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ray may have some recourse as he had an actual transaction but if it was an "on the side" deal i doubt Ebay will even look at it...

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
#48862 Sat Mar 13 2004 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rick,
I see the guy had pretty good feedback. There was posative feedback left for him yesterday. He's no longer a registered user. Is it possible that someone has stolen his ebay ID?
Maybe someone will have some ideas on how to handle this situation.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#48863 Sat Mar 13 2004 06:16 PM
B
buytex Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
this was an out right rip off he pulled the old i mailed the sign dont know where it is
no one stole his id is phone is shut off i know the feedbacks were good it just hard to trust anyone i will call him everyday at work til i get my money he claims i didnt insure it but i send him an extra 50.00 for that i would have to be crazy without he also told me his son forgot to mail out the sign so he had to then last nite emailed and said he would have to check with his son if it got insured so thats a big fat lie he talks in circles he must be hurting for money and think were so far away hes save not//////////////// i think that they
were never any signs it was an old picture
and he just used the lost in the mail its not my fault excuse i have a lawyer on it
i know ebay cant do anything with me but combine us both its out right mail fraud
his name dewayne taylor
503 e dogwood st waldo ar 717709071
work number 8708641313
lets everyone call him at work to
ask him were are our friends money
he folds when you call his work
he has to be stopped and we have to stick together thats what this hobby is all about
thanks for your time rick

#48864 Sat Mar 13 2004 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LUCKY for YOU. To live a long way from HIM, YOU could be sued for doing BODILY HARM, or sitting in jail for ASSULT with intent to DISMEMBER.

Check with Post Office, about MAIL FRAUD [IF you sent him a M.O.].

ANOTHER GOOD reason to attend the SHOWS. You get the item when you pay.
Dick

#48865 Sat Mar 13 2004 09:53 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry to hear about your problem. I had a similar instance on ebay. I ended up calling the local police and County/District attorney in the town were the guy lived. When I was able to talk to the seller then I let him know who I had talked to at the local law enforcement. That sign was shipped so fast to me I think he must have rented a jet. Do your homework and be persistent. Good luck.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
#48866 Sun Mar 14 2004 12:00 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Hey Rick sorry to hear this guy did a number on you. When I read your post, the name rang a bell. I bought a sign from him in Jan and he shipped it out really fast. Something strange is going on because a guy with that many postive feedbacks doesn't just change over night. He has been around for a while. I would contact the local police in his town and have them investigate. Tell him too what you are going to do. That could have an effect. Just the fact that he has an address and you know what you do about him, makes me think that with a little pressure you will either get your money back or the sign. Good luck

Craig

Craig
#48867 Sun Mar 14 2004 05:31 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
We've all given Rick what we think is good advice. and it is. Heres the guys response and the end of it so he says,

HELLO RICK,
"""PLEASE """ PROVIDE ME THIS INFORMATION I CANNOT FIND ANY OF IT. NO NEED TO SMEAR MY NAME OR GET A LAWYER YOU CAN CONTINUE IF YOU WISH YOUR CHOICE.......... IT IS FIXING TO BE TAKEN CARE OF "PRONTO" MY WIFE HAS LOOKED ALL IN MY GAME ROOM FOR YOUR INFO I HAVE SINCE GOTTEN ABOUT 500 ROAD MAPS AND EVERTHING IS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN. """""PLEASE"""""" EMAIL ME THIS INFORMATION WITH OUT IT I CAN NOT GET ANY INFORMATION FROM THE POST OFFICE.....FIRST.. EMAIL ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS (EXACTLY) THE SAME AS IT WAS ON YOUR LETTER YOU MAILED TO ME....SECOND ON OR ABOUT WHEN DID I TELL YOU THE SIGN WAS MAILED. I NEED THIS INFORMATION AND MY WIFE IS GOING TO THE POSTMASTER MONDAY BUT SHE CANNOT DO ANY THING UNLESS YOU EMAIL ME THIS INFO....SO IF YOU WILL EMAIL ME THIS INFO TONIGHT OR SUNDAY WHATEVER YOU DO I NEED IT BEFORE MONDAY AND I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS. IF THE POSTMASTER CANNOT PRODUCE ME ANY INFORMATION I WILL MAIL YOU A CASHIERS CHECK IN THE AMOUNT OF $1,850.00 """GUARENTEED"" PLEASE SEND THIS INFO A.S.A.P. THANKS RICK...........

Sincerly DeWayne Taylor

P. S. PLEASE DO THIS WITH OUT THIS INFORMATION I ""CANNOT"" COMMUNICATE WITH THE POST OFFICE AND IF THEY DONT HAVE THE INFORMATION I WILL NEED ALL OF THE INFORMATION TO REIMBURSE YOU.THANKS......................DeWayne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now he feels Guilty ,So he says,

RICK ITS OVER I AM REFUNDING YOU YOUR MONEY EMAIL ME YOUR INFO AND LETS GET OVER THIS YOU SAID THATS WHAT YOU WANT OR DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH THIS I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE AND I AM RIGHTING A WRONG SO WHEN YOU ARE READY EMAIL ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AND YOU WILL BE REFUNDED YOU WONDER WHY I DONT CALL BECAUSE I AM ASHAMED TO CALL YOU THATS WHY WHEN YOU GET READY FOR YOUR MONEY I GUESS YOU WILL SEND IT THEN I AM SORRY RICK................

Good luck my friend, no one deserves this.

#48868 Sun Mar 14 2004 09:40 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
deleted

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 08-22-2005).]

#48869 Sun Mar 14 2004 09:57 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Ron thats some good sound advice, I'll keep that in the old memory bank just in case.

Chris Holt
#48870 Sun Mar 14 2004 04:43 PM
B
buytex Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
THANKYOU RON FOR ALL THE INFO I BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE WINNG BIDDER HE HAS A STSTE TROOPER THAT HAS GOT IN TOUCH WITH POLICE CHIEF HE IS GOING TO DO EVERYTHING
HE CAN AND NO REST TO WE BOTH////////////
AND HE SAID BOTH HAVE ARE MONEY BACK
HE HAS TIL WED TO GET ME A CASHIER CHECK
TO ME AND THTS THE DEAD LINE I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED THANKS EVERYONE STILL DON'T KNOW WHY A GUY WITH 617 FEEDBACKS WENT SOUTH
I GUESS GREED IS BETTER THAN FRIENDS FOR HIM

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved