Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#489834 Mon Nov 04 2013 12:57 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I Just was wondering , a guy pulled out in front of me the other day and I had to take the ditch to avoid him and hit another car in the process . He was given a ticket for failure to yield . He also had no insurance , my kids were not with me and no one was hurt and I am very grateful for that! I have a uninsured motorist policy but may just fix it out of pocket as my deductible is 500.00 and damages are only for a bumper and grill ,but just wondered if anyone else has ever had a similar situation and what you did ? Thank you Travis.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
What's there to think about? Move on. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

gasmansgp #489845 Mon Nov 04 2013 06:19 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Maybe you right Paul , I guess I should have mentioned I am still waiting for a copy of police report if you can beleive that. I am calling the dept again today to try to get it . I have not heard from the insurance also on who will be liable for the damages on the other car I hit since the guy that caused the whole thing had no insurance at all .I guess my concern was even with uninsured coverage I have, ultimately its me in the end paying for something I should not have to . But we both know whos rates will go up in end . I was up late last night and couldn't sleep and stewing over it and just wanted some advise I guess . I might as well just go pay the 500.00 deductible fix mine and go on , either way its a no win for the person who try's to do the right thing. . Accept it for what is I guess.

Last edited by 47reotravis; Mon Nov 04 2013 06:21 AM.

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Your rates should not go up and the other car you hit should make a claim against his own uninsured policy. Also, in most states, the deductible must be waived on uninsured claims. If your insurance company tells you otherwise, call your lawyer and find out for sure.

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
There should not be a deductible if it was another persons fault. Your insurance company should fix the car, then go after the person whose fault it is privately in court (more than likely ending up with a judgement). I am assuming you talked to your insurance agent?

Missouri could be completely different than Minnesota as far as insurance laws are concerned.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yes Ryan I talked to her Friday eve and just called but the office opens at 9 i guess .I think I will just go over there this morning . That would be great if it works out that way . I am in a little better mood today ! Lol we will see what happens , I will let you know. Thanks guys.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No one got hurt , the rest will work out.
I think they should suspend or revoke the drivers license
of the uninsured motorist. Might not keep him/her from driving though.
Good luck with your claim.

Originally Posted By: It's for sale

I think they should suspend or revoke the drivers license
of the uninsured motorist. Might not keep him/her from driving though.

Not every state requires you to carry insurance. I know that Wisconsin does not require it.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Me too. I don't want to turn the non petro into a geico commercial but here it goes. I bought this little s10 from my wife's grandma about 3 weeks ago .Its a 1992 . wife granpad passed a wile ago but he bought it brand new , It has 140k org miles and is / was like new .They sold it to me for 800.00 as she no longer needed it . I bought it just to knock around in and drive back and forth to work. Now here is we're it gets sticky , before I transferred everything that's when the accident happened . I have farm bureau insurance , but they just told me its up to her insurance to take care of it , what a mess so now I will call hers , and ask if its going to affect her rates because I know for sure don't want that . We will see.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
3 WEEKS, What were you thinking? Title should have been changed ASAP. Family or friend, don't matter.

WAIT till ya get home to Have a few COLD ONES!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Your right Db , a cold one might have helped . I should have mentioned that I had asked several times for a price from my father law and his sisters to come to a agreement on a price and the wife's grandma had a eye surgery and they kept telling me to wait ,just drive it and we will let you know. I just got back from the insurance co. And looks like Ryan is correct they are going to fix it then they will go after him .I am glad I wasn't in my 65 one ton or the outcome may have been a lot worse for the girl I hit in the chevy HHR . Ryan you need some side work?

Sweet, sounds like you are going to be taken care of!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yep you were right Ryan ! Guess now if I can get a police report I will be good to go. I am also going to request the information of the girl I hit so I can see how and what she is doing as well. I live about 3 miles out of our Podunk town and I knew when I asked the young officer if I need to write down info and he said no that was strange . Next time I will as I still don't even know the guys name that caused it. My. Ignorance! Now its all done online and that's the hold up.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ins. agent should have No Problem getting the report & giving you a copy.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved