Next Thread
Print Thread
#49805 Thu Feb 02 2006 01:52 AM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
It seems like every other Bennett 76 I see is either missing 1 or both of the bezels. My father and I have been throwing around the idea of making these cast alumimium, as I don't believe anybody out there is making them. Would you think that the market would be good for these, and what would a fair price be for a pair of these? Any other cast parts out there that no one is making that we should look into?

[This message has been edited by chadrock00 (edited 02-02-2006).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#49806 Thu Feb 02 2006 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chadrock00:

I don't speak for the rest of the guys on here - but I'd think somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 each would be a good price. Especially if the casting was real good quality so they could be polished without a bunch of trouble.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

#49807 Thu Feb 02 2006 08:11 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Is there a market for these? YES. How many posts have been submitted from guys looking for one of these to complete their pump? And that's just on this website. IF I knew how to make things like this, it would already have been done. If an Erie 53 globe holder can be reproduced, I don't see why these bezels can't. Price for a good quality one? Whatever it takes to complete a pump. Well, within reason of the pump value itself. But I'd go $200-$300 if necessary. Thankfully, I don't need one. LOL

#49808 Thu Feb 02 2006 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a 76 missing the bezel. It was the Standard Oil model. I asked around and was told "good luck" finding one. I was as the Portland Swap meet and talking to a guy who had a 76. He gave me the name of aguy who had some. I paid $100 or $125 for it. Same as I paid for the pump. They are out there. Butit would seem that the regular 76 bezel would be worth doing. I may still have the guy's number if you are interested.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
#49809 Thu Feb 02 2006 12:41 PM
F
F
Just picked up three bezels cast in alumiminum from the foundry today. I had to do some persuading to get him to finally attempt to cast the bezel. He went through several before he got them right. They turned out pretty nice but still need some cleaning up to be perfect. I looked for 2 years before breaking down and buying one from Vic's. The bezel was complete with the stainless and in excellent shape and served as the mold for these. If anyone out there is interested in the pair I have drop me an email. I need to have $200 per bezel. He said he would be willing to cast more if anyone needs them and cheapen the cost if he can do a larger quantity. Just let me know or maybe chadrock00 can do them cheaper.

First pic shows the front of the bezel with the original on the right

Second pic is the back with the original on the left

Third pic is the left side of the bezel that will need to be cleaned up, the right side looks good but for some reason the left side of the "stairsteps" on the bezel turned out rough.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved