Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Originally Posted By: Neewbie
....sell me all you have at 1/2-1/3 of my selling prices

Why anyone would want to pad your pocket even if you offered 100% of your selling price is beyond me, you have NO RESPECT for your Wife.
. I agree , pretty distasteful , especially to ones wife.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Neil Gerrard

The premise of the show is to take advantage of someone's lack of knowledge to make money.

I think Neil, hit the nail on the head here. This is what is wrong with all these guys. They have actually convinced themselves that they are helping someone out when they take advantage of them. Taking advantage of someone is wrong, makes no difference if you have convinced yourself or your victim that you are helping them. A con job is a con job, not charity.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Am I missing something here? Buyers only buy what they want to, and pay only what they want to....so, if the buyer is happy, why is anybody else upset? And who cares what mark up people try to get...if it's too expensive, no one buys it and they either have to reduce it or start a museum. I guarantee, no one selling signs is making the percentage profit any movie house does on popcorn etc...but no one is complaining about them. lol.

Last edited by really; Sun Dec 29 2013 06:47 PM.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I think the new person is missing the point on the model involved. We are not so much against anyone making a profit as the use and the reasoning behind the photos.

Craig
really #501565 Sun Dec 29 2013 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yes as usual, you are grin
Originally Posted By: really
Am I missing something here? Buyers only buy what they want to, and pay only what they want to....so, if the buyer is happy, why is anybody else upset? And who cares what mark up people try to get...if it's too expensive, no one buys it and they either have to reduce it or start a museum. I guarantee, no one selling signs is making the percentage profit any movie house does on popcorn etc...but no one is complaining about them. lol.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Model gives real meaning to KNEE KNOCKERS!

KZ1000 #501579 Sun Dec 29 2013 08:41 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I could go into a point by point description on how these "sellers" are hurting the Hobby and serve no benefit at all, but Dave & KZ1000 summed it up pretty well! wink

I think Neil, hit the nail on the head here. This is what is wrong with all these guys. They have actually convinced themselves that they are helping someone out when they take advantage of them. Taking advantage of someone is wrong, makes no difference if you have convinced yourself or your victim that you are helping them. A con job is a con job, not charity.

Actually all the STUFF will still be out there, it just won't be in the hands of greedy people, Without you people,it would let more true collectors who buy/sell/trade for the love of the hobby purchase these items. YOU people are actually hurting the hobby.

Regarding the pictures of the female....really no comment other than I'm calling BS on the seller. There are even several comments on their Facebook page from the general public making reference to the female and her appearance.....if that's not your intent in order to draw attention to your listings.......then wake up and smell the coffee!

First, Anyone who thinks that our photos are to sexual, needs to check their families values.

Last edited by 1937 GMC; Sun Dec 29 2013 09:12 PM.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
KentuckyT #501580 Sun Dec 29 2013 08:47 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
[quote=J.E.Radebaugh]In my opinion the gas and oil market is a bubble that's about to burst. The prices are getting ridiculous and pushing more and more collectors out. Not to mention the amount of reproductions that is taking advantage of people too.

It is a bubble. Not so much the iconic pieces but the common and rough items bringing premium dollar are a bubble. I can assure you that after 25 years of collecting there will never be enough demand to exhaust the amount of rough or common signs,globes, cans etc that exist on this planet. It is as elementary as supply and demand. There are 100's of thousands of rough signs in existence.

After that soliloquy, I would also suggest that high end signs are also experiencing a bit of a spike. I would look for a correction in that facet of the market but not a bubble burst.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
yes as usual, you are grin
Originally Posted By: really

Part of what you are missing is - He lists the items with pictures like this, when something like the second photo might actually show the item being sold. Then gets his fruit of the looms in a wad when people comment on the item or dare I say items (o)(o) in the photo. But I didn’t graduate from a “private Catholic School” so I might be all wrong here.

fake_opt.jpg fake1_opt.jpg
Last edited by Jay Leeper; Sun Dec 29 2013 08:50 PM.

Jay Leeper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

A wise man once said that if you crave attention then you can't complain about the kind of attention you get.

........that pretty much says it all......

..or another way.."if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen" ......lol.........by the way,I'm now interviewing for models, but will probably just use my bird instead; and i'll still catch *****, but who gives a rip!!!

roadrelics #501603 Mon Dec 30 2013 04:29 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I showed the pics and auctions to my girlfriend for her opinion!
She said, "Her husband must NOT be showing her enough attention that she needs to be seen in this way?"
She also said, "How can he even respect his wife to have her USING her boobs to sell signs?""How will he USE her to make money next? Prostitution?"
He claims it's innocent YET on facebook he brags about her boobs all the time and how he can use them to make money!!!!!
I have pics of her if anyone wants to see them...
She works at a baseball card shop call Legends are Forever in New York. Look up matt and beth foster on facebook and see for yourself! LOL
I know for a fact a few of my signs and globes have brought new record prices on ebay because of my quality listing. I didnt use my penis or my lady's breasts to sell either! just sayin...

Neewbie #501610 Mon Dec 30 2013 06:30 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Neewbie
you can not gather how hard we all actually work.

participating in the hobby is not hard work... if you think it is, then that is the problem right there. going to shows, auctions, etc and spending thousands is NOT hard work. sure, you may make money for your family/dwelling by doing it, but selling this stuff for a living is NOT hard work.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved