Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
cormy Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
just noticed sellers seem to be asking alot for the things they are selling on here anymore.
Used to be a place to get a good deal..??

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hopefully this won't turn into another locked thread eventually, but I've had the exact same thoughts lately. Just something you notice, and not that I've been interested in any of the items personally.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
some things have been spiraling on here but are they selling?.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe put a Limit of 5 Items per month in For Sale for each member.
I think JP should impose 10% Listing Fees on items starting @ $500 [& 15% for items less than $500 {for the FEW that would list @ $495}]. So whether that item sells for $500 or a week later @ $360 the Fee for listing here was $50.
There are SEVERAL that use OG to sell Their items that have NEVER Posted/Replied in any other Forum.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Fri Jan 10 2014 10:35 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have to agree that some things are priced high on here. But I just let them pass and let them do as they please.
People can price stuff as they please doesn't mean they will sell. Just gives me a good chuckle as I pass over it!

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
I have seen a TON of good deals lately.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

C
C
You know the old saying asking price and getting price are two different things..

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
There are SEVERAL that use OG to sell Their items that have NEVER Posted/Replied in any other Forum.

true dat

TOM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Old Gas is getting reputation for a good place to sell items. Its a catch 22. Everybody wants to be able to buy, sell, and trade on this site. But, that in turn, brings in dealers and pickers looking to take advantage.

Check out my finds at Mantiquities on Facebook!!!!

facebook.com/pages/Mantiquities/167580613447712
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I buy from OG preferentially over eBay as I can trust most members. I have not been disappointed. But many of the items I just pass over and buy when the time and price is right. The higher prices on some of the desirable (for me) items helps keep my wallet in my pocket. The items I have bought have been well priced I thought. Patience maybe required.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is a difference between advertising items for strong money and over pricing an item. Lately, I have noticed average poor condition items being over priced. They are usually listed by new comers to the site. After a while they come to the realization that the membership here is a lot more experienced and informed then e-Bay.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
The "asking" price is a place to begin the negotiations, right? Please don't impose a transaction fee a' la eBay.
My 2 cents

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We all get that the "asking price" can only be determined by seller and the "selling" price is determined by seller and buyer.

This is more about sellers placing an unrealistic price on an item. When this happens, I do what most people do, and that is; I ignore the ad. We have all dealt with people that think their item is worth "X" amount of money because they saw it on TV.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
The inflated prices seem to be everywhere. High prices bother me especially when item condition is questionable.
What can you do? Like someone said you chuckle a little and move on.
Price guides seem out of date by the time they are published. We are all guilty of the “I saw an item priced for X, mine is better so it must be worth X+”. The problem then compounds itself.
It just makes finding those good deals or good prices even that much better! The thrill is often the chase.

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Funny you brought this topic up because I was just thinking the same thing - right now. Some person wanting to sell adv. clock and basing bids for it from april 2007 worthpt. Oh brother... many ePay items ooc - some of which is listed here also. prices high everywhere. Maybe it is just a time for the green ? - "Top of the Market to ya.."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved