JGD Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Near mint:

image.jpg

Jon
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
OP Offline
Thanks everyone who has contributed to Sinclair COTM. If anyone else has something please share it with us. I have just a few pictures left to share....

Spinner clock fixed.jpg
Sinclair Swihart spinner clock

Soap and oil can.jpg
Most recent purchase Sinclair oil can, 2 dino soap bars, and a key chain.

Sinclair Pennant.jpg
Old cloth Sinclair pennant that would of hung to attract attention

OP Offline
The collection

All.jpg ALL.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I picked up these early cloth pennants at Hershey this year. Had not seen them before.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is a friend of mines shop that lives a little west of me. He called this morning and was going to bring me two visibles that I am going to redo for him in Sinclair so he can put them on the right near the tree ,he said they were not coming due to the weather so I asked him to e mail me photos and told him I wanted to share with the old gas crew ,I hope I got the right pictures , still learning to find correct pics and cant figure out the pic preview yet , I think he did a wonderful job hope you enjoy.

photo.JPG photo (3).JPG

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very Handsome--Thanks for sharing!

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your welcome.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great photos from everyone!!! Tyler, you are doing an excellent job on this thread!!

Personally, I especially like the different stations that enthusiasts have "put together"!...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
OP Offline
Dennis those pennants are awesome, I like how each one of them is different..... Travis your friend has a super nice Sinclair man cave, that is very similar to what I want one day behind my house.... Thanks Bob for the compliments, means a lot.

Thanks ad.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know it keeps being said but thank you to all the members for making this thread great again. Also thank you to our guest host for the last three months they have a done a wonderful job. If any one else would like to host for a month let me know and we will make it happen. A new COTM starts on Monday so if there is any Sinclair items left post them.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
NoChevys will be the guest host for the month of April should be another great month

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would like to see the Company of the months updated over time so collectors can have a one stop place to get info. I know Sinclair was done once before but looking at that thread a lot of the pictures no longer show up. I had a few more things to add since I last posted here.
Opening up dads box of signs. The newspaper between them was dated June of 1941 if I recall from Chicago

Couple more cans

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Online Cool
Originally Posted By: Wes Maxwell
I would like to see the Company of the months updated over time so collectors can have a one stop place to get info. I know Sinclair was done once before but looking at that thread a lot of the pictures no longer show up. I had a few more things to add since I last posted here.

In the COTM features years ago, many pictures were hosted on sites like Photobucket where the pictures are dropped after a while. Now we have our internal File Manager Attachment system for images. There are no plans to ever delete images from our hosting unless there are not compliant with the forum Guidelines.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds good Jim. Not trying to cause you more work but....
It would be nice if there was a seperate category for all of the Company of the months so they would be easier to find instated of searching through the Showcases and stories to find them. Just an idea

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Couple more pictures, sorry if some are duplicates;

The Four Brothers company was bought out by Sinclair. This can is before the buy out I think

And this one is duel branded and would be after the buy out

Sinclair also bought out the Cudahy Refining Company out of Kansas City. They kept the Opaline brand name. I know where a matching half gallon can is, there might also be a gallon can and others?

Last edited by Wes Maxwell; Sun Jan 26 2014 04:32 PM.

Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved