Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Pat, I looked for this sign for 27 tears since I began collecting and will always appreciate you selling me one at Iowa Gas last summer. Prior to last summer, I had only seen 1 for sale in Wm Morford's Auction. As much as I tried to win it, the final selling price was beyond my spending limit at the time. The one on Ebay is only the 4th one I have ever seen for sale. They are rare and tough to find. Good luck Kevin in your attempt to purchase the one you missed.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mike, you're very welcome. I couldn't believe that I found two within two months. Randy, I kept the one I bought in Columbus. Won't be selling it!

1.jpg

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
P
P
I agree....the buyer got a good deal. Probably worth another $1000-$1500 at least. The hardest Mobil shield to find in my opinion.

Richard

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ok time to come clean. Kevin and I went in together to buy the sign and had the plan all set. Things didn't go accordingly and we lost it. No biggy life goes on, BUT Kevin was stressing and sick!

Originally Posted By: Dave Richey
CHARACTER defined.

Dave, you nailed that. Kevin is a great guy and friend. I am glad he is on my side. Kevin stressed about this sign and was worried sick. The text messages were long and sad. After all he was the SNIPER that Snoozed!! LOL

Thanks to another oldgasser, whose name i will not mention, was kind enough to offer me the exact sign for my collection. I was able to seal the deal and now have a great wall and conversation piece as well. Years down the road i will be able to laugh and tell the story of the auction gone wrong!!

At the end of the day it is just STUFF. None of it will matter anymore when we are dead and gone but at least we had fun and made good memories. All of us in one way or another will always have "the one that got away".

So thanks to everyone and their support. I speak for Kevin and myself, we appreciate it. Out of this ordeal i have gotten a great friend and mentor.

Thanks
Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved