Print Thread
#45 Sun Mar 05 2006 07:58 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Dear old gas members,
I wanted to throw out a warning on the double sided neon shell sign on e-bay item #7223652733 - the party selling it is in europe and contacted me stating he would sell it for 1350 us dollars all shipping included from europe. I have half of one of these and was going to get it re-neoned, my father had been printing off listings so we had a photo to give to the neon guy and we discovered that this guy used the exact pictures of a item that sold on e-bay in nov. of 2004 - I would strongly warn everyone that this is a scam.

jeffaubs@aol.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#46 Sun Mar 05 2006 08:34 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
You got this right SCAM Some people have alot of guts to do **** like this. It is going on alot on Ebay lately & it is real old in my book

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#47 Mon Mar 06 2006 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The 0 rating is the first thing I saw then the bogus feedback??? I would not bid on it. $1350 would have been a steal. The auction ended for what ever reason. If it looks to good to be true it probably is bogus. thanks for the alert. Ted

------------------
Ted Pam & Ethyl Roach
Lodi CA.
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
pca-west.org

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
#48 Mon Mar 06 2006 04:23 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Fee-Bay is getting to be tricky territory anymore....too many rip-offs going on.

Should help the shows and live attendance!!

#49 Mon Mar 06 2006 06:49 PM
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
This is the email I got back from this guy in Europe
Hi again Ray,

I understand your concern about sending money overseas. That's why I attached to this email the scan images of my DNI . I'm just trying my best to make you feel comfortable doing business with me and I consider that the best way to do that is to let you know a few things about me. I'm not such an experienced ebayer but I'm for sure a very experienced seller. I really can't accept shipping the sign before payment is done.
I'm a very serious person, familly man with one little daughter. I could also give you some references. I could put you in contact with some of my best costumers if needed. Feel free to ask. It's unusual for me to do that because I have never encountered a situation like this. But I accept it because I really do understand your point of view. I would probably think the same way that you are doing because this is the first time we are doing business together.
I also own 50% of a local studio. It's going pretty well, but I really don't have enough time to treat the music bizz properly. My antiques takes all my time. Being a familly man aswell doesn't give me too much of a choice.
You will have to make a bank wire transfer from your bank account into my bank account for 1130 Euros (around $1,350.00 US Dollars). Once the money will be in my bank account I will proceed with the shipping. The shipping and insurance costs are included in the total price. I will ship the sign insured via Lufthansa Air Cargo and you will receive it within 4-5 days at your door. All our costumers pay directly into my bank account for the goods. This payment method is 100% safe. The account is made with my own documents so I can't see any reason to doubt about this payment method. This account is also related with our taxes that we pay monthly. If anything happens my business gets paralized. My firm's name is Selmer eSales and was estabilished in 2001. The firm is licensed and bond under no. 31678297 by the Labour Ministry of Spain. Please check...
If you decide to buy the sign let me know and I will forward you my bank account information. I will take care of the shipping process. You just have to let me know your ship to address.
If you agree with these terms, let me know a.s.a.p. and I will be more than glad to start to complete the transaction with you.
Looking forward to hearing from you...
Best regards,
Justin Selmer Stralow

#50 Mon Mar 06 2006 11:47 PM
K
K

#51 Tue Mar 07 2006 12:22 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
this Justin character offered both my father and I (working under seperate e-mails) the exact same offer made to Ray. I e-mailed him and let him know that I notified e-bay that he was using pictures from a 2004 auction - we then e-maile e-bay, and the highest and 2nd highest bidders to let them know what was going on. If this guy got enough people to wire him 1350. he would pull off a very healthly scam - I just hope no one fell for this and got burned.

jeffaubs@aol.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved