Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
OP Offline
G
Long story short yes I had a account under indiananationals and the account go froze for something that wasn't even my fault I sold a $25 item to someone and didn't track it so he said he didn't get it I offered to send another but no he filed a claim with PayPal and contacted mods and my account was froze no chance to explain nothing..so I started a new account did noting wrong and again froze because I was linked to old account I'm sure this won't even get posted but I feel the need to let it be known if all the older generation that have been doing this along time don't treaty the newbies with a tad bit of respect this hobby will die with them I myself really enjoy the old signs and yea I know its a sin to say on here but yea I buy some to just sell to pay for others I keep but I'm almost to the point to just sell it all as its almost not worth the hassle to deal with some people ...I feel u should at least be aloud to give your side of the story and not just banned

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, you sure know how to clear the air and your name!

Maybe, it's time to look inward and accept some responsibility for who you have become and how you have treated others. Time for some insight and soul searching.

Did it occur to you just for maybe a nano second that the problem may lie with you rather then an entire site consisting of in excess of 17,000 members. Oh, I'm sorry; I forgot you're perfect and entitled....

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This topic may want to be locked before any more goes on the public side of OG.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
G
OP Offline
G
No I just find it rude that someone isn't even given a chance to explain a problem I'm sure there are many good people on this site it just seems there are a select few who like to bash the newer people in the hobby as a example the two guys who sell on eBay who use girls as there models they never posted a negative thing and were bashed by many members on here for asking a high price for there item...well I guess it is there's heaven forbid they sell and make s profit I just feel some I'm not saying all enjoy jumping on the new guy ...answer me this if I bought from u and u sent me a item and it got lost should u be banned from selling ..yea seems pretty dumb to me but hey I'm not part of the in crowd on here so u know pile on.bash away don't even try to look at it from my side

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

imagesCAUFIZTC.jpg

Jay Leeper
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Love the picture

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He that asks for confrontation, will get it.

G
OP Offline
G
Point proven by the posts above

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can't speak for everyone in the Hobby!

Personally, I have had the pleasure to talk to; meet and enjoy sitting down with. More than a few Petro Hobbyists that were very "well mannered and polite".

Now there are those like db, myself, Jack and a few others that "are old and thorny"... But honestly, I believe we are the "exceptions to the rule"...

And some like Veedol_AL and Blacktee who at times can be thorny, but 90+% of the time they are "the best of people"... (got to get in the little digs, when one can)

Reading the Posts on Oldgas, I get the impression that most on Oldgas are "hard working folks"... Folks that don't believe anyone owes them anything.... Folks that because they want too, will look out for other Hobbyists. Not because it is demanded of them or expected...

But, I may be all wet and wrong?

Personally, I don't know you.. Never have had any dealings with you... But, I am sorry that you are not happy with the Hobby...

I love this Hobby... Been in it a long, long time... It has for the most part brought me enjoyment and satisfaction... Maybe I am not sophisticated enough, to realize that I haven't been happy in the Hobby? If that is the case, I hope I stay this way for as long as I am above the green grass...

You, might want to take a long hard breath and think about if what has happened? Hasn't been somewhat your own doing?

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I once was a jerk. There is help out there,but you have to be willing to do the foot work.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A little humor doesn't hurt either!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Online Cool
Sorry that you feel that "almost everyone in the hobby is a jerk." Since you stated you "did nothing wrong," let's review.

I got reports that you did not deliver a paid-for item and that you were requesting payments as a "gift" through Paypal. We take non-delivery seriously. The Paypal "gift" rule is in place because it requires the buyer to lie on the payment form to save the seller his fee.

You were put on a limited features status on the forum where your posts have to be reviewed by a moderator before the public can see them. You were not banned. You could have presented your side to a moderator at any time, but I have no knowledge that you did.

You chose instead to open a second registration identity. The Membership Agreement that you agreed to in order to register both times, has this line: "You agree to not use a second forum identity in a deceptive way." Since it was apparent that this was your second identity, gassigns was placed on limited features status as well as indiananationals.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
OP Offline
G
I'm not looking for conflict I just want to know if that is fair to be banned for a lost item that I tried to make right I feel my account should be reinstated

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Jim for making sure people play by the rules.
Look at his posts... he is only in it for personal gain but wanting values and selling in the for sale section. Pretty sad they come here and sell for free then want people to pay by "gift" to cheat paypal out of 3%. 3% to sell a item is pretty cheap!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The funny thing here is out of the hundreds of people I have met in this hobby over the last few years I can say that there are a couple that may have been hard to deal with but I always tell myself, maybe they are just having a bad day. And for being a business owner for the past 28 years, I have met a few people that are not happy unless they make you unhappy but that in no way stops me from doing good business with them. As for e-bay, I have sold and bought from the start and it's pretty simple to take care of your customers young or old to not have any problems that would lock up your account. It drives me nut when people win an auction and e-bay doesn't do anything to them for not paying but you have to mess up pretty bad to get your account locked so IMO maybe the Hobby isn't the problem here.

Old or young if your going to do business withen this hobby you have to treat your customers like you want to be treated yourself!!!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved