Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Second, would you please use punctuation? I have no idea if you raised any good points because your lack of punctuation makes you seem like an ***** so I gave up reading it and went on to the other posts I could actually read.

I agree...

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My first reaction is to say this is a generational thing, kids today and all that but that would be wrong. I've met some smart and gracious people of all ages in this hobby. I think it's just a complainer thing, some people just don't want to take responsibility for their actions, maybe its a result of the everyone's a winner way of raising kids, maybe not. If you want respect, earn it, goes for all ages but I think SOME younger folk just don't get it and this is a perfect illustration. In life you don't always win, learn from your failures and don't repeat them and for God's sake don't point your finger at everyone else.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We ain't as dumb as we might seem and we seem to have seen right through this situation. And did you notice that no one attacked you personally nor has the thread been locked as your petulant persecuted persona projected. You reap what you sow.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
" petulant persecuted persona "

I thought my lack of education hasn't hurt me none....until I read this..

Well said....I think. smile

Imperial Oil collector..
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: gassigns
if all the older generation that have been doing this along time don't treaty the newbies with a tad bit of respect this hobby will die

I check in on OG gas daily, but as a fairly new member I do not post much. I do not have the knowledge of veteran old gassers, but I listen & learn. After reading this post, I will say this-- I have never been disrespected by any member of this site. Everyone I have had contact/business with has been very helpful/courteous/professional. A big thanks to Jim Potts & everyone else who helps keep this site going.

Ed from South Jersey
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I post a little here and there. For the most part I just read a lot. I have been lucky enough to meet several old gassers and I find that young and old everyone seems to have a good attitude. I would like to also thank Jim for the site and the things I've learned to here. It's to bad you had a bad experience but if I was as dissatisfied as you I'm sure that I would probably leave never to darken the door again.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
It's your responsibility as the seller that the buyer get's his item. Insure it. If it gets lost you get your money back. If not insured, and the seller does not receive his item, give him his money back(your loss). And yes they have signature confirmation so you know the item does not get stolen off the front porch as well. Take it as a learning experience and pay the customer back. Learn from your mistake(s).

As for the record, I am not a jerk! Most people like to call me an ***hole! smile

Always looking for Mint oil cans. Esp Aviation and Outboard Oil Cans and pumps. Looking fot Cheerwine signs!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Perdue31
As for the record, I am not a jerk! Most people like to call me an ***hole! smile

I FEEL HONORED, they call me a Dick instead of what they call YOU! laugh laugh

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hahahahaha ohh Dick, your a funny guy!

Braden Splichal

P
P
I've heard them call him a BIG DICK, and always wondered exactly they knew that............

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pegasus doesn't have an excuse, he's 4' 11" w/ SHOES!
Perdue31 has been here since 3-11 & is the BUTT of some conversations! Gotta laugh at accent of NC when they talk of Asheboro.
[My grandfather walked alongside an Ox Cart from Mt. Airy, N.C. to Bolivar, Mo.]

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B

why is it almost everyone in this hobby is a jerk

I'm not looking for conflict

From the title of your thread, I think you have been treated fairly and have been given some good advice, despite insulting your entire audience.
It is your responsibility to ensure what you sold gets delivered.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Are all blacks bad because 1 robbed a bank? NO!
If you sent the guys 25 dollar item, show receipt and prove it!
If you cant prove it then REFUND it and move on in life! Like YOU said, Its ONLY 25 bucks!
You have admitted you are in the wrong, THATS the first step in rehabilitation! smile
I have talked to you a couple times and you seem like a great guy!
Everyone has made mistakes, big and small, But it's ALL ABOUT how you handle the mistake...Good Luck!

Last edited by tomzcollectiblez; Wed Feb 19 2014 06:16 AM. Reason: cause I can!
G
OP Offline
G
He got a refund ...so what more could I have done ... and yea I probally stated it wrong . I have had some good conversation with a few on here and some great deals it just upset me that I was no longer aloud to post in the for sale area I would never screw someone over I would always make a deal right...it upset me being called out foe in my eyes doing nothing wrong in the beginning

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Great "post" Tom!

We have had heard enough from all members & with Tom's reply, I think we need to "lock" it!

Hen

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved