Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51796 Mon Aug 09 2004 11:44 AM
J
jrs Offline OP
OP Offline
J
just found a koolmotor sign shaped sorta like a clover with a cast metal band around it. I think it used to be on a stand of some sort. Does anybody know what this might have been used for? or what the value is? I have searched for signs like this but have not seen any. Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#51797 Mon Aug 09 2004 12:31 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Flat or Bowed??

Flat 2 sided is probably a curbsign in which case the ring shhould look like a pipe goes in the bottom.

Flat 1 sided, probably went on building

Bowed out single sided, probably is the one used in that pic, on early gas station architecture on this board.

#51798 Mon Aug 09 2004 12:37 PM
Sounds like a "lollypop" sign. That's the nickname for a medium size sign on a single 2 or 3 foot post with a heavy cast iron base that can be moved around, but not easily blown over. They were used in various places around gas station driveways. You can find the bases at petro swap meets. Some may be reproduced. Here are a couple of signs from Iowa Gas. The first is another style KoolMotor lollypop sign and the other is a Cities Service clover shaped sign.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#51799 Mon Aug 09 2004 01:25 PM
J
jrs Offline OP
OP Offline
J
This is a flat 2 sided sign that looks like a pipe was connected. It does not have a base. I just found another one that is complete with a pipe and base with the cities service logo embossed in the base plate. Looks like someone extended the pipe to make sign taller. I would like to find another base to fix the first sign. Any idea of the value? First sign is probably a 5 or 6. Last sign found is white like the one shown in previous pic. and rates probably 8 or 9.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved