Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mike M. Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I sit hear and read many threads about repop signs being sold without being marked and how it makes everyone in this hobby irritated.
Then when a member posts some e-bay ones that can be reported why do they get ignored. Many members on here showed me a while back how to file a report to e-bay to get the listing pulled but it only seems to work when a few reports are filed.
Yesterday this was posted
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=85363&Number=520404#Post520404

And without these sellers getting more reports thrown there way this is what gets sent back to the few that contact them ( and this with me sending them the thread that shows Real vs repop):

"This is news to be shared with interested bidders/watchers. Please see other previously ended listings for other reference materials. Little late in the listing to bring that to attention but thank you for your communication.
- 50dberry"

"Thanks for the link showing "proof". If it's on the internet it must be true and your message makes it double-official and stuff. Thank you for your concern.
- stillcruisin85"

Please guys we need numbers of reports thrown at e-bay to get these removed or to change their listings

When I first got in this hobby I never worried about all the repop stuff but many of you helped me become concerned.

So please when someone posts one please take a few minutes and report the listing.
We are much stronger as many than just a few!!!
Thanks guys

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I totally agree. We are not part of the problem but we can surely be part of the solution. I don't think we'll ever totally eradicate our hobby of the frauds...but, we can win little battles here and there.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm sure you'd be surprised at how many do report items & don't post here that they did. I'm 1 of them.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I report a lot....only the stuff I know beyond the shadow of a doubt its fake....Mobil,Signal and others Im not as well versed... like I am Pure,Sinclair,Texaco ... We need more side by side pics of reppops and originals. Keep reporting....And contacting seller most the time just P***s them off.

Last edited by Keystone Gas Man; Tue Mar 18 2014 10:45 AM.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Like DB I report fakes when the threads appear but I don't post that I do. If we did every thread would be 3 pages of "REPORTED" which is pretty useless after the initial post.

Also, people need to keep adding and posting on the "Unmarked Reproduction and Fantasy Petro Photo Album" category. It was created to make a permanent place to show known reproductions and differences between real and repros. It only takes a few minutes to post something in there and then it's there for all to reference at any time.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is no doubt this site is visited regularly by the very makers of these reproduction signs, Continually posting the minute differences and even posting comparison pics are only enabling these idiots to perfect their junk.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I regularly report those known fakes, but don't acknowledge that I do it. I also report many that I run across on ebay while "searching".
I'm sure there are others too, we just don't blow the horn.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved