Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#521311 Mon Mar 17 2014 12:48 PM
M
Munk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I forgot how my tokheim 39 short with lift off doors are held at the top. I have some clips that I do not remember where they go. Pictures will be helpful if any

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Munk #521340 Mon Mar 17 2014 02:17 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
There are four clips which bolt to the upper edge of the side panels where they bolt to the frame. The clips face down so the doors can slide up and be spaced properly. I do not have pictures. If you took this unit apart, you should have taken pictures yourself? Just remember, these were common sense machines. Nothing really difficult. Think about it and you will figure it out. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

gasmansgp #521368 Mon Mar 17 2014 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's a couple pic's that I had.

rsz_1tok_39_g1-1_k.jpg rsz_tok_39_g1-1_l(1).jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Dave's Garage #521470 Mon Mar 17 2014 11:30 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Instead of asking question, why not look on the web for information. Try: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20pumps.htm

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%2039a.htm

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Mon Mar 17 2014 11:33 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #521499 Tue Mar 18 2014 05:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
Instead of asking question, why not look on the web for information. Try: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20pumps.htm

Jack Sim

I a pretty sure the one of the main purposes of this forum is to have a place to ask questions and get help when needed.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #521534 Tue Mar 18 2014 08:35 AM
M
Munk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ryan, please let me know when you get a top for a 39 tall

Munk #521746 Wed Mar 19 2014 12:08 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Wow...never knew about those clips! The clips must have been missing or rusted beyond recognition, as I don't remember them being on my short 39.

Anyone reproduce these?

Learn something new everyday!

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items
PLUM_72 #521917 Wed Mar 19 2014 10:18 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Ryan, I really don't understand your objection to me wanting to sell a piece of the literature that I have. I calculate I have spent over $30,000 buying original service station/gas pump literature. I did this so that I could supply a one stop location for persons who need this information. I only ask for a reasonable return for this information.

When I was writing my first Air Meter book I wrote to a library in a town, asking them for info. on a company that used to make air meters. They (in 1994) wrote back to me that if I sent them $35.00 they would hire a person who would research my request. I paid the money, because I believed that research cost money.

I don't see people here on this site giving away gas pump parts, giving away globes, giving away signs, giving away anything, why is it when it comes to information/literature we take a different approach?

Should I expect that the next time I need a part for my St. Louis pump, I should expect someone to send it to me free?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #521943 Thu Mar 20 2014 05:15 AM
Ryan, I really don't understand your objection to me wanting to sell a piece of the literature that I have. I calculate I have spent over $30,000 buying original service station/gas pump literature. I did this so that I could supply a one stop location for persons who need this information. I only ask for a reasonable return for this information.

When I was writing my first Air Meter book I wrote to a library in a town, asking them for info. on a company that used to make air meters. They (in 1994) wrote back to me that if I sent them $35.00 they would hire a person who would research my request. I paid the money, because I believed that research cost money.

I don't see people here on this site giving away gas pump parts, giving away globes, giving away signs, giving away anything, why is it when it comes to information/literature we take a different approach?

Should I expect that the next time I need a part for my St. Louis pump, I should expect someone to send it to me free?

Jack Sim

With all due respect Jack, this is the most twisted response anybody could come up with. Read what you wrote again.

Jack Sim

Nowhere in your response did you try to sell anything. You are telling the OP instead of asking a question to look it up on the web instead of here on Oldgas. I am not saying that I dont agree with some of your comments, they are just completely out of text.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Munk #642479 Sat Jan 02 2016 07:49 PM
M
M
Thanks for the question and pictures. I am just finishing my Mobil pump and could NOT figure how these attached! I only had two clips. One top right and one top left, opposite the hinges. This really helped me out. Thanks!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved