Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm 47 and the decline that I have witnessed in the moral fiber that people are made of these days; during my life time is appalling.

The way I see people treat themselves, their own families is enough to make me shake my head in disbelief. If, that's how they threat their loved ones...how can one expect them to treat others any better? The absolute disregard for others, a lack of conscience, compassion and concern is difficult to understand for me. I don't know how as a society or as a civilization we can turn this around.

I think, it's fair to say it will continue to get worse.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I used to collect antique fishing lures. A woman inquired about a lure I had for sale, and made herself out to be a collector who needed this certain lure for her collection. She seemed nice enough, and I agreed to take $125, which was less than my asking price and below market value. I told her I would send the lure for inspection, and she could pay me if she liked it, or send it back. About a week later, after not yet receiving payment, my lure was on ebay for $200! Apparently she had no money to pay me until she sold it at a profit. I contacted her and asked her to end the auction, since she didn't own the lure yet, and to send it back. I think she was embarrassed that she got caught, because she did end the auction and sent it back.

Ed from South Jersey
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Having been around the flea market and antique shows for some 35 years, I have seen considerable change. From being able to take checks in the early nineties to having to scrutinize cash nowadays. Last year after being beat down by a buyer at Dixie Gas, I was surprised when the guy said," OK what are going to give me?" Taken aback I said " What are you talking about?" He says, " Im not buying it unless you give me something." So I reach in my pocket and pull out my hand with my middle finger pointing at him and say, " How about this?" . He still didn't get it and couldn't understand why I wouldnt sell to,him.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
I like that , right on. Bet he figured it out later. Some people are just plain arrogant A Holes ! Most probably don't realize it and that is why they don't change !

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It Does get their Attention when ya STOMP a can they were wanting to buy! Just be sure can is empty!

Originally Posted By: wocopep
Last year after being beat down by a buyer at Dixie Gas, I was surprised when the guy said," OK what are going to give me?" Taken aback I said " What are you talking about?" He says, " Im not buying it unless you give me something." So I reach in my pocket and pull out my hand with my middle finger pointing at him and say, " How about this?" . He still didn't get it and couldn't understand why I wouldnt sell to,him.

This is hilarious.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is really low , the fishing lure thing.

I had friend that use to come to the flea market to sell. People would try to beat him down on the price and he would get peed. He would take the item and smash it or throw it in the woods in front of the person to show his distaste. He had the rep of being crazy.

I had a good repor with him and got many good deals from him. I would tell him to take things with a grain of salt, don't get peed. If you do they have had their entertainment for the day and they are happy. Smashing things really gets them excited and your just out the item. He does not set up at the flea anymore. Could not handle it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
no reason to ever get mad a person because of them making an offer, there is no way of knowing how much 'wiggle' room a seller has in their prices. I can't count the number of items (lots) that I have missed out on because I didn't make an offer because I thought it would be insulting.

Heck, it just happened at the last Peotone show... Greg had a sign that was marked $575, I looked at it and thought I would be willing to give $300. I didnt even make the offer because I didn't want to come across as insulting. Talked to him an hour later and he had sold it to someone for $300.

With that said though, there is a certain kind of 'class' & respect to be shown when making offers.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dale my side hurts lol!!!!

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings