Next Thread
Print Thread
#52510 Sat Dec 24 2005 12:15 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I am looking for any info or pictures of any pierce stations.I have one right here in town that they are wanting to tear down but a private individual purchased it for now.Its on the back side of route 66 in St James MO.Any pictures of this station and others would be much appreciated.Also looking to buy pierce items!

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#52511 Sat Dec 24 2005 06:48 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thats some tough stuff to find! There was a lot of competition for the 20+ Pierce cans that were on ebay recently. I bid on several but only came away with one. My success rate is usually pretty good but not that day!
Pierce globes are all rare. I have two that are each the only example known. Well there is a repop lens that matches one of my globes. I should have bought it so it doesn't get passed off as an original sometime.
The china from the Pierce Hotels is probably the easiest Pierce stuff to find.
Good luck and I hope the old station can be preserved.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#52512 Sun Dec 25 2005 06:14 PM
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I have a pretty nice Pierce Pennant sign that could find itself a new home if the price was righ or a good trade
Ray

#52513 Sun Dec 25 2005 11:42 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hey Bob I got that other lense for the anti-knock globe you bought from Greg so dont worry,its just stickers anyway,I just liked it after he sold the globe.I bid on gregs cans too.Greg seems to have alot of info but I want some pictures.I got the square globe and the 15in globe from him.Tried to get the etched but ran out of money.I just have recently started to want this pierce stuff and it is hard to find,anything.See you in January,Happy Holidays.I would be interested in that sign,have any pictures of it?Bob do you have a picture of the other globe by pierce?or kind?

------------------

#52514 Mon Dec 26 2005 04:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steve, Around Springfield swap meet time John (2nd chance store) had a curb sign holder and base that was Pierce.

Bob the easiest piece is the thimble.

That guy who was selling the Pierce stuff had a lot of cans and signs for sure.

Good luck and I will keep my eyes open

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED:Picture Quarts
Parkville, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#52515 Tue Dec 27 2005 01:08 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
The gu with all the pierce cans was Greg Gazak from St Clair MO.He is sellig all his gas stuff and was very knowledgable about this company.I need to get with him to see if he has any pictures I can get a copy of.His whole garage was full at one time.I got a couple of the globes but that was it.I went to Johns a couple of weeks ago and didnt see the sign stand.John Ohern bought the best sign he had and it was awsome in color,I eyeballed it all the way home from Grags.Thanks Scott

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved