Next Thread
Print Thread
#525879 Fri Apr 04 2014 03:10 PM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
I just got off the phone with an old client who owns a small oil company. I have restored his own pumps for him to display in his showroom. The last time I was there, he took me into a warehouse which I had not been before. I hauled his latest pump slated for rebuild out but not before noticing many cases of NOS Atlantic motor oil. As I recall, there were Atlantic Aviation along with others, all full of oil? He has asked me to help him move them out. Since I rarely deal in cans, I am unsure what they might be worth? I think I'll call him on Monday and see if I can get a case of each to bring to Dixie, next week? Any body know where I should be on a per can basis? What should they bring at shows? I will not have pictures until I pick them up next week. Thanks, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
gasmansgp #525891 Fri Apr 04 2014 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...Paul, it seems like there aren't that many Atlantic collectors out there...but have you looked on eBay? lots of Atlantic cans on there...some are better than others...might give you a good idea...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&...old=1&rt=nc

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gasmansgp #525900 Fri Apr 04 2014 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paul; There are different versions of Atlantic Aviation Motor Oil cans.. Including composite... Depending on which design(s) your Client owns, they do bring different prices...

Without images of the cans in question, next to impossible to relate any values.. Or resale pricing...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Bob Richards #525984 Sat Apr 05 2014 05:35 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Mark and Bob, Thank you for your replies. I happened to be on this site as I was speaking to the guy with the cans. Really never thought about ebay until Mark mentioned it, "Duh?" So many ways to have handled this and I took the easiest? The information was very enlightening. I'll see how they do in Dixie. At least I now have some ideas. Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved