Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#526723 Mon Apr 07 2014 11:02 PM
H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
What do you OILZUM folks think of this sign? The year?

eBay: 161265568253

Thanks,

Hen

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just cut and pasted earlier info on this type sign. I know NOTHING. Dave

sGas stuff.com Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Syracuse,NY USA
This is a fantasy sign made a few years back in limited numbers,they were marked as I recall

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post
#499873 - Fri Dec 20 2013 01:47 PM Re: Oilzum Motorcycle Porcelain sign [Re: Gas stuff.com]
nebrgas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Nebraska
These were made by Vintage Concepts some years ago. Sold new for about $125. Have seen them sell for more than issue price as they are a nice porcelain sign.

Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Simply put they are Junk, we all now see what reproductions have done to this hobby. People can call them "Fantasy", "Decorator pieces", "A great sign for people who can't afford the real thing". But the fact is they have nothing to offer for a true collector.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
KZ1000 #526748 Tue Apr 08 2014 05:35 AM
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
I fell off my chair when I saw this! There are 6+ people that think its worth over 500.00. Scary stuff. One UNlucky bidder is about to get horribly burned. Please report...I did

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Another of their Original Items 371035792085 $230 !!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: eric grinder
I fell off my chair when I saw this! There are 6+ people that think its worth over 500.00. Scary stuff. One UNlucky bidder is about to get horribly burned. Please report...I did

done.. cool

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOW! Sad day for the buyer of the Oilzum Moto sign $1283.00 lit on fire and flushed down the toilet. So sick of ebay crooks!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Other than the rust looks just a few weeks old what else is wrong. Please pm no need to tell the faker.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Its a cheesy looking made up piece that has no resemblance to any original Oilzum signage.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well metro that was a highly informative answer with much insight. I'm sure the average uninformed novice will find it very helpful.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
This sign was never produced and is a poorly made FANTASY sign. There is nothing similiar to an original Oilzum sign anywhere on this item. They even messed up the Oilzum man symbol.

For what its worth...I emailed the seller explaining this was a fantasy item and somebody was about to get burned...he never responded.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well I save image's of the signs you guys say are fake in a folder for future reference. However it would be nice to get a little more information as to why the signs you call out are fake. A lot of you have done this for year's. Some of us are just getting started.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Us older collectors had to Educate ourselves, each other W/O the internet & before most books/magazines were written. We called each other, talked to each other at shows. We collected for the fun of it, not for quick flips.

Sure WE have Roughled Some Feathers & will continue to Roughle more. NO ONE wants to hear the item they just bought is an UN-Dated FANTASY/REPOP item.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought when I got into this I was gonna be a flipper. What I learned was I developed an attachment to the stuff I bought for the most part. I have over 100 signs and pumps I have bought since January of last year. I have sold about 5 items since then. I used to post my stuff in the showcase forum but have been approached by people wanting to buy things I didn't want to sell. I have passed on several signs because I was leary of them or because of something that I leaned on here. I thank you all for the info. DB I find you to be one of the most knowledgeable people on here. Having said that you I find you also to be personal highly abrasives. You should be proud of all that you know and be happy that people desire to partake of that knowledge regardless of age. I'm not saying don't be you just try to cut the dose a little so it doesn't have to be so bitter going down.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you start posting on here..."grow a thick skin" or just stand back and observe.Some of these "veterans" are not sensitive to others feelings(especially petro enthusiasts)like me and you. You are getting something for nothing(info)just by being a member. Don't take it personal. Let it roll off of you. lol Dave

Last edited by Catauladave; Wed Apr 09 2014 03:07 AM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I want to thank Dick for contacting me personally to let me know his thoughts on a few things. Apparently we both agree on some things and I think we can agree to disagree on the rest. So let's just bury the hatchet and not in each other. Thank oldgas for the knowledge you provide once again.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow, this thread is very different than it was this morning.

Pete
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved