Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#527014 Wed Apr 09 2014 08:24 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
i know this is probably a little anal on my part, but have searched everywhere trying to find plugs for the conduit ports on my island light. only one original remained & it has a slotted head. the 1/2 pipe plugs available now are either recessed hex or have a raised square head to turn with a wrench. ended up milling the recessed hex type down to 1/4" thickness & milling a slot in the center. at 1/4" thick, they tighten up flush with the housing. now they will all match!

original on left, new on the right:

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
what you made looks very similar to the plugs that come with a standard cast aluminum outdoor outlet/switch box. The boxes usually have 3 or 4 threaded openings and always included several cast aluminum 1/4" thick threaded plugs. I can't say as I've seen the plugs sold separately but would think they would be?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you go to a true electrical supply store they have those plugs separate. Just bring one of yours in so the know what you need.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Menards has the flat slotted threaded plugs in a pack of 4 or 5 pcs. Only cheap. Bought some there a month ago .

Last edited by buzzy56; Wed Apr 09 2014 10:17 AM.

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
the only thing i could find here locally was plastic. granted, i didnt burn a tank of gas & run all over nashville... we dont have a menards around here, only home depot & lowes in that category. only metal plugs they have in the electrical dept are the snap in kind. i'm cool with these, price was right!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That will work, looks good to me.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I bought a handful of new 3/4" dia. @ my local Grainger store,but there is a difference from the 60 year old originals.
The ones on the left are original solids,3/16" thick & seamless.
Ones on the right are newly bought cast,1/4" thick and come with a visible seam.

Last edited by Cold Pizza; Wed Apr 09 2014 12:11 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
those fall into a category i call "we havent raised or prices". every time i see a product that has been reduced in size/weight etc. i say they will advertise "we havent raised our prices!" my son works for pepsi & said to look at the new gatorade bottles coming out. he said they will advertise "new look at the same great price" actually the new bottles cut the amount from 32 oz to 28 oz.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved