Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
I was driving along Lee Highway the other night and saw a gas station operating as Pure. It may have even said "Be Sure With Pure" but I can't remember (almost caused a pileup slamming on my brakes to have a look) It was the original logo, but on modenr lucite, and the station otherwise looked like any other gas n go type station you'd see. Has anyone else seen this or know whats going on?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I dont know Chris, but it appears that the Pure name has been resureceted...
Check this out...
http://www.gassigns.org/pure.htm

There is also a reference to the Henderson/Benjamin book "Gas Satations"

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are several Pure oil stations operating right here in Memphis and surrounding areas. They started poping up about 5 years ago or so. I think the name was revitalized by some jobbers somewhere.

P
P
My brother end law works for one of the larger gas distributors here in North Carolina and they have a new Pure station. He said that the Pure name is now leased out to the distributors to use as one of their independent or generic brands using generic gas products since they do not receive Pure gas from the pipeline like pull they loads of Shell gas for Shell stations and Exxon gas for Exxon stations.

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Chris:
Check out these sites for some Pure Oil info. They seem to be going strong in the S.E. www.jhwoil.com; www.puremarketers.com
-Scott-

C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Yep, that looks like it all right! Hmm Kinda neat that its been resurrected. I'll have to stop and take a few pictures next time I'm over that way.

M
M
There a couple of Pure Gas Station here in North Carolina always has been

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chris, they just took the signage down on our Pure stations last week here in Winchester. Switched to Citgo. I tried to talk the sign guys out of a lighted canopy sign, and they were nice enough to call the North Carolina office - but they would not budge. No sign for me. Brady

T
T
With that kind of attitude, I assume they wouldn't even consider selling any of their advertised decals, uniforms, etc. to non-members...

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
When I was down in Nashville over X-Mas, I seen some Pure stations down in Chatanooga. I thought that was pretty cool to see these stations again. Thanks for the info, I forgot to ask about this earlier, lol.

Easy

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Chris
The one you saw was a Exxon that was sold to a private owner and re id'ed. The Pure brand is comming back,there are a few more down near Fredericksburg Va.
Bill

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved