Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Should we enable a rating system so members could rate other members and give them from 1 to 5 stars?

It won't be a feedback system like eBay, but it could be a measure by which members could see how others think before a transaction. Members could get stars for answering questions, completing a transaction with a happy (or not happy) buyer or seller, or for being a helpful member of the online community.

The system could be abused by those who may post low marks out of spite or high marks to make a crooked buddy look better. Think about it and vote your preference.

Should we enable a rating system ?
single choice
Yes, Let's try it (19%, 20 Votes)
No, Don't want it (72%, 74 Votes)
Don't know or don't care (9%, 9 Votes)
Total Votes: 103
Voting on this poll ends: Tue Jun 17 2014 12:00 PM

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I guess, I am the first one to vote... So close the Polls!!!!!!!

I voted against such a rating system, because of the amount of potential abuse this opens the door too...

By the number of "locked threads" on Oldgas... Emotions run very deep and grudges are held onto tightly...

(or maybe, I just don't want to see my name alongside "negative stars".... LOL)

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
well i know everyone would give me one star since i am Anthonys brother (RHR)....

Always Available 973-932-2980

Joe - Iron Vise LLC
sales@ironvise.com
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I think that rating should only be used when some one buys or sell to a member Here on OLD gas.

I have some very nice TRANSACTIONS on here and 2 Bad ones .

Regards Sid

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yes, i think it would be a good thing for buying/selling.

joey... i think you would be surprised what people may rate you. you purchase quite a bit of stuff on here, and I would imagine most of those sellers would give you a good rating.

one thing to always remember, i have met more people that are readers of OldGas than I have met that actually post on OldGas... so those replies/posts that you read, are only a small sample size of the people that are actually reading

Last edited by BryceG; Tue Jun 10 2014 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I'll vote no to the rating. I've dealt with a lot of the guys on this site. Only had very limited bad experiences. I know who I can trust now and the rest will get no help/business from me. No need to name names, just do not deal with them again. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Tue Jun 10 2014 12:31 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have had a lot of buying and selling here on Old Gas since I started...I never had any problems untill the last couple of yrs..it seems that a lot of our new members have a different attitude towards buying and selling here...mainly with buying items..they say they want it but then you spend a month trying to get them to send your address,how they are going to pay??,them you may wait for a month to get payment and their attitude is no big deal!!! why are you getting upset they say...
I agree with Bob and Sid..only have the rating to buying and selling a item to fellow members,which seems fair to me but you still will have members who will be mad and hold a grudge if they are rated bad..I don`t know if this would be the answer but its a start..maybe this isn`t the answer,but will be interesting to hear from other members..
Alan
I just wanted to add that 95% of the transactions I `ve had have been awesome,just seems to be a small % of members who are causing some problems!!!

Last edited by VEEDOL_AL1; Tue Jun 10 2014 12:51 PM.

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I say no because I can see it being abused more than used seriously.
As for Joeyjuice, I have had excellent sales and buys from him.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have too vote no also because of the chance of abuse.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm for a no vote.

It is sad, that we even have to have these discussions. Considering that, visiting this site is something the majority of us do during our leisure time for enjoyment.

I don't think a rating system is going to solve this problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a better suited idea to propose.

I would hate for this site to feel like or become like e-Bay. I believe, the majority of the members on this site don't want to see it become another "online sales site". By having a feedback system in place I think that's what you start promoting it as.

If the spirit and intent of this site is history & collecting first, sales second. Then maybe the sales end needs to be somehow tightened up and restricted....Exactly how? Well, I don't know.

This would surely curb the influx of pickers/flippers and the problems associated with those that are interested in only your money.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree to much chance of abuse. Also Joey and his brother are great guys,some people my not agree with the way they do their business,but that's their problem,they are straight up and tell you what your getting and then deliver.

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I voted a big NO! Don't muck it up this is not ebay. NO one really likes ebay. Keep it friendly not competitve.

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would vote NO.

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes, this would be a good thing. Feedback is everything in this world. Constructive criticism could be helpful here and there.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If it is not broke--don't fix it!
Keep It Simple cool

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved