Next Thread
Print Thread
#54817 Mon Jun 26 2006 06:20 PM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
I was at a yard sale at a old gas station & I ask the guy if there was any old gas staition stuff in the building. He said just a old oil bottle. He then said follow me & I will show you. Trust me I looked the place over top to bottom. He got this bottle off a shelf & said here it is. He said $10 & you can have it. I said that was fine & went on my way. I was wandering is this a old oil bottle? He has owned the station for 30+ years & has been in the town since the 50s & can not remember the station ever being open. The bottle looks like a pint bottle for milk. The base of the spout has a screw that tightens up to snug it on the bottle. The spout then goes on with a turn to snug it up. The spout is soldered at the bottom. The bottle on the side says 1 Minn in a triangle with Sealed under that & 1-11-14 under sealed. Here are some picks & thanks for the help

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#54818 Mon Jun 26 2006 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
YEP.
On ebay it sells for about $45
db

#54819 Mon Jun 26 2006 06:46 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Brad;
I just saw one in the antique mall in Peru last month. I left it because it looked like a milk bottle to me. Don't remember what they wanted for it.

George

#54820 Tue Jun 27 2006 05:19 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It looks real to me. However, I don't think I've ever seen that particular spout before.

FYI - Milk bottles won't have the triangle and the 'seal' info on them. There should also be an arrow pointing up to a line at the neck for indicating a full quart.

Some bottles have numerous 'seals' on them showing that various states had approved them for a full quart volume.

Remember, these were used before quart cans came into the picture (and for a long time afterwards too!).

There are literally hundreds of variations and brands of old oil bottles. A quick look on e-bay will confirm that.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com
Always buying Ethyl Globes, Ethyl Single Lenses & Misc Ethyl Items.

#54821 Mon Jul 03 2006 06:57 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yea every oil bottle I have seen or had, had a "fill to this line" indicating a full quart

clockface pumps, Harleys, the Beach

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved