Mon Jul 15 2002 11:26 AM
Mon Jul 15 2002 11:26 AM
USA
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
keithia  Offline OP
Veteran Member
USA
I am restoring a Phillips 66 pump and was told the paint code for the orange was 60352 for PPG. The body shop and the PPG distributor both told me this code is not valid. The code came from the Gas Pump Restorers book I was told. Does anyone have a different # for Phillips 66 orange for PPG??

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Re: Phillips 66 paint code #5488
Mon Jul 15 2002 12:16 PM
Mon Jul 15 2002 12:16 PM
St. Louis, MO, USA
J
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member
Jack Sim  Offline
Veteran Member
J
St. Louis, MO, USA
The best way to get a paint code is to go to your favorite auto paint store (I go the the DuPont store and use Centari paint). Ask to see their fleet or commercial book. If the store has been in business for any length of time it will be a rarely used book as they now depend on the computer, it will probably be down under a stack of books. Look up Phillips, no doubt they will list a number of oranges, reds and black. Give the paint codes to the clerk and ask him to look up the codes up in the computer. When it comes up it will list on the computer screen the year it was first used. Pick out the one from the 1950's or the period you want to match. This has worked everytime I needed a paint code, the trick is to get a paint store that will work with you. I know the years are listed for DuPont. They will also tell you if they can provide the color in base coat/clear coat if they is what you want.

Author, Gas Pump Identfication books 1st & 2nd Editions & Air Meter Identification books
We rebuild ECO air meters and sell parts.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved