Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
here's mine....

IMG_2995.jpg IMG_2998.jpg IMG_3000.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I received a call last week on the "Wanted to Buy" ad that I keep running in the local trade paper. The man said he had 2 gas pumps for sale, but he had no idea what they were, but said one had "signs" on it!
Since it was only a short distance away, I made an appointment for the next morning and headed up there. When I arrived, we headed into the old shop building to look at the 2 pumps. I found he had a Gilbarco 96 done up with Standard Oil Red Crown plates and a really nice little Tokheim 300 that had no markings!
We discussed price and after reaching an agreement, he informed me that he had some "PUMP PARTS" in another building, if I wanted to look at them. I was instantly curious as to what and why he might have some "PUMP PARTS" in another building, and he explained that his father was a packrat and never threw away anything!
We drove over to an old ramshackle, falling down building and had to duck to get in the door. The ceiling was coming down and it was hard to move around in there, but laying on the dirt floor was the complete top half of a Wayne 615, the bottom part of a Wayne 70 stationlighter, and a handle for some unknown visible pump! We had a long conversation about the parts, made a deal on the price, and hauled them out to the truck!
We then drove back to load the pumps and it wasn't going to be easy, because they were in the back part of the old shop and you could only get part way in with the pickup truck! We did a bunch of dragging and sliding and got them close enough to load with my handy dandy loading system, and the next thing you know, we were loaded and ready to hit the road! As we were talking, I admired an old Pennzoil bottle sitting on the bench, and he handed it to me and said to take it along! The color was still good, so it made the trip with the rest of the stuff!
Only thing left to do was pay the man for his goods, and I handed over the cash as he begin to ask me if I was interested in any more pumps? Of course, I replied and asked what he meant? He explained that his neighbor had 2 pumps on the farm yard to the south that they weren't using, and he looked up the mans phone number for me. Since he wasn't home, he offered to take me over and show them to me, so that I would know what they were. We drove over and found 2 more very early computer pumps standing and waiting to be rescued! When I finally get a hold of the owner, I just may be going back!
ITS STILL OUT THERE FELLAS, ITS STILL OUT THERE!!

The Cities Service--Shoemaker Coal globe is a separate deal that was worked out between myself and another Old Gasser that lined it up. Its only a single lens and in a little rough condition, but its so rare and the only one I have ever seen, that I had to have it for my collection. It always seems that if you look long and hard for something, you eventually find one and as soon as you add it to your collection, you run across all kinds of them! LOL Maybe that will happen here? LOL

Zane Tabert pumps 002.JPG Zane Tabert pumps 003.JPG 60 parts & Shoemaker globe 001.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wow that cities service globe is amazing

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's mine, real clean 766 just up the road from my house! I thought I had picked them all years ago!

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just got back from a road trip and was able to pick up a few new items including this early die cut Boyce-ite flange sign and an NOS Golden Shell sign on the original rack....

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
T
T
Picked up this 2 sided Bear Alignment sign on Sunday.Odd thing the Bear on both sides is in great shape but the middle sign part has all the rust (aka patina).

20140713_104343.jpg
Last edited by tikiranch; Mon Jul 14 2014 08:33 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My first Neon clock..It may become addictive!

Neon clock 004.JPG

Imperial Oil collector..
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got this electric lighter that probably sat on the auto parts counter back when you could smoke indoors in America, kinda cool...

Last edited by Tokheim; Mon Jul 14 2014 03:45 PM.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Got these three things besides the great two pumps my wife got me in the non-petro section big birthday party.

Last edited by Toys4Fun; Mon Jul 14 2014 04:19 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...do I see a porcelain Cities Service pump panel peeking out from behind that paint?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...do I see a porcelain Cities Service pump panel peeking out from behind that paint?

No I wish just painted. But it is an original Cities Service pump. Under that cracked Gulf sticker is Cities ad glass.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are mine a nice Bennett 646 and an etched Sinclair HC globe. The Bennett is the first pump I have found here in the Midwest with the glass jars on the lights.

bennett6463.JPG ooo.jpg sinclairhcetched1.JPG
Last edited by keithia; Mon Jul 14 2014 08:21 PM.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
is that orig. firing on the HC globe?.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome stuff everyone! Well I was lucky enough to save these two signs from the junk pile out on a farm. The Phillips 66 sign is my first one on a pole so I am excited about that, it will clean up really nice and the Kendall sign is just painted metal and in rough shape, but good enough to bring to a good home! As Kevin said, it is still out there!!

IMG_0450.jpg

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HC globe has been repainted.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved