Next Thread
Print Thread
#553138 Mon Jul 14 2014 08:47 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
So it seems that even though I am registered as a vendor I don't have a room at the Holiday Inn. They want to put me in the Ramada Inn nearby. That's not going to work very well for me as a vendor.
If anyone has guaranteed reservations for Tuesday and Wednesday nights and decides not to go can I have your reservation. PM me and I can let you know how to pass it on to me!
Also if anyone would be willing to trade for the Ramada Inn reservation I would be willing to provide some compensation. You must have a guaranteed reservation for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by RARIN TO GO; Mon Jul 14 2014 10:42 AM.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Chris,

You are not alone. After 25 consecutive years of attendence and purchasing swap spaces........we don't have a room either.

Jim

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Sorry to hear that Jim. I'd say it's good to know I'm not alone but it isn't! I went from totally excited to I don't care. I can't not go. I promised too many people I'd deliver and pick things up for them. And it is Iowa Gas.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
One thing I have realized the last couple of years with Columbus and Iowa Gas is that one needs to register as soon as you receive the registration material. I was starting to wonder if I got my room, but my confirmation came in last week. Someone said there is another big event going on same time in DesMoines. With the new convention space at the hotel, I think this years Iowa Gas may be one of the best yet. Can't wait. Hope you guys can get something close by. Pat

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
If you register as a vendor by the deadline you should get a room. Run off your vendors because they don't have a place to stay and see what happens to the show.
It's certainly not going to be the best one yet for me. And if I don't find a room at the Holiday Inn I may just presale some larger items here and use my swap spots as reserved parking since I'll be commuting from somewhere else and there is almost no parking there. And my room vending option is certainly gone with NO ROOM!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Chris, I certainly understand your frustration. I have no idea how many rooms they are able to reserve for the show but I'm sure it is limited. I know there are always airline pilots and crew and other non show people staying at the Holiday Inn. I am fairly certain that there are also vendors who don't stay at the Holiday Inn because it costs more. I've never understood that as I want to be where all the action is. Hope you are able to work it out.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Hell I always just stay up the street at the Fairfield Inn, its way nicer anyways. I would call them if I were you guys. Its less than a mile, you can see the Holiday Inn from there, don't sweat it. Can't make it this year, going next year for sure. Have fun.

Goober

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Where you vending or buying? As a vendor I'd just prefer to be where my stuff is! I'm guessing the room vending in the evening is kind of slow at the Fairfield Inn. wink
And my friends son likes the pool and can go up to the room if he wants and is close by. It just works better for us.
Still looking for a room if someone can't make the trip.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Still looking for a room at the Holiday Inn. I have had some very generous offers from some oldgasers to share a room but we have several of us in the room. We have a room at the Ramada but would prefer to be in the Holiday Inn.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved