Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I had the honor of meeting DB a couple of years ago when he stopped at my place hoping to find a few treasures. I didn't have any so we proceeded to tour Cheyenne's collectors. He parked Ryan's boat across the street and we took my car and left for the afternoon. He did find a station lighter and a few other things to take to IG. Afterwards we went dinner at a local restaurant and shot the breeze. I sent him on his way to IG about 6:30 knowing that I had just met a gentleman and one of the finest collectors that I have ever met. You will be missed. Mitch

Last edited by 67Chev4X4; Fri Aug 29 2014 11:40 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thank you Oldgas members for all your kind words. I met Dick in 2001 through seeing his name at the Santa Paula Oil Museum, and Oldgas. My wife and I are already missing Dick. He visited us very often and we had become great friends. Dick was always willing to help us with whatever needed to be done whether it involved gas pumps or home/ranch work. We swapped many pump stories over the years. Dick was a Jack of all trades guy that has taught me so much over the years.
Judy you are in our thoughts and prayers, and we are here whenever you need us. Thank you for sharing Dick with us over the years.

Rob and Lesley

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Very sad to hear the news. I became friends with him through this forum and had the opportunity to meet him at a few bashes. A fun guy to joke around with too! Going to miss his dedication to the hobby.

Vern

Last edited by gaspower; Sat Aug 30 2014 12:16 AM.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I've been gone for awhile and hate to hear this. I wish his family all the best.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very bad news indeed. I am 65 years old. I was just preparing to make my first order of the Vico oil cans from Dick. What a sad day for this community and his family. He had been most helpful on many of my questions posted here.RIP Dick.
WJCurator/Utah Bob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I never had the chance to meet Dick but had some email conversations with him over the years. He could sometimes send me a question about some "foreign stuff" and was always quick to respond if I had a question.
It is funny how you feel that you know a person only through a site like this and a few emails, will miss You DB! R.I.P.

Claes

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Dick for all your wisdom and insight. We will all definitely miss his knowledge. Rest in peace.

Daryl
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I never met DB but was looking forward to trying to meet him in person and mend a bridge this year in Iowa. I was disappointed when I heard that he wasn't attending because of his health. Unfortunately my last interaction with him was a typical spare over what I deemed "negativity". Maybe in retrospect we were a lot a like. I never was able to crack the hard shell into the friendship realm with him however We shared the love of the Hobby. My deepest sympathies to his wife and the Bennett Family. R.I.P. DB

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He always kept us straight and was without question a storehouse of information and knowledge. He is irreplaceable. RIP Dave Jones

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
K
K
My condolences to the Bennett's. Being relatively new to the forum I never met Dick in person but thoroughly enjoyed his sense of humour with each post or admired him for the all the details and facts he could pass on for everyone's benefit. He was one collector that I always said to myself I needed to meet when I make it to Iowa. Unfortunately we'll never meet in person but he has left a lasting impression with me. Take care.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am deeply troubled to hear this news. I have his family in my prayers.

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Never met or talked to the man but he was certainly knowledgeable. I posted a question about a not common pump on here some years back and he replied in the post who had another like it... that fellow and I ended up helping each other out. I appreciated that.
Rest In Peace, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by Tokheim; Sat Aug 30 2014 04:50 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Condolences to the family. Dick will be sadly missed. Iowa and the hobby will not be the same.RIP
Roger

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dick was a Great Guy, far different then his posts made him seem. We exchanged emails almost on a daily basis. And if you ever got him talking on the phone he would talk your ear of for as long as you would listen. He was very good at Repairing Quart Cans and bringing them back to life with no dents and new lids. His Knowledge of the Hobby was second to none. I will miss his funny emails and PM's that I would get almost daily. RIP Buddy!!!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
So sad to hear of DB's passing, his impressive amount of knowledge will be irreplaceable. He was definitely an icon on this site. RIP Dick.

Ed

Ed
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved