Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5658 Wed Feb 01 2006 08:32 PM
OP Offline
I hate to be the one to tell it like it is.

There are many people who used to post on here often, but have been run off by jerks. I could name at least 10 in my state who will not even post on here because of this. Some of these people are a few of the "pioneers" of the hobby when there were under 100 in it. This information that they could share would be of benefit to everyone on this site.

Please do something about this problem on here. I wouldnt even warn them, Give them the boot if they cant play nice, and for good. I used to spend lots of time on here posting, but have also quit because of about five people. You know who you are. Maybe jack would even come back and post like he used to.

Ryan
Underthun auto body
218-721-5341

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#5659 Thu Feb 02 2006 12:07 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Ryan I agree with you,even when I voice my opinion thats only what it is,take it or leave it.My opinion is from my personal experience,not just a one off deal or I heard it from????.Here lately alot of the good guys have been emailing me personally to talk about stuff.We all need to get along!

------------------

#5660 Thu Feb 02 2006 06:18 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I know for one Steve & I often debate the prices of pumps, but it doesn't ever seem to degenerate to anything other than debate. My input on that subject is from deals I'm doing on a daily basis, just like offering to buy the two Wayne 60's from Travis @ $1000 each. I sold two this week for $1500+ so if I've got a chance to replace them where I can make 50% I'll do it. I doubt this subject is what Ryan was referring to, but I know Steve & I go back and forth on prices all the time and I'm sorry if it is off-putting to anyone. We know each other on a face-to-face level, so I guess we feel the liberty to disagree with one another. Seth

#5661 Thu Feb 02 2006 11:56 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I was just talking the other day about the same thing that seth just mentioned.We debate each others prices all the time and were both right.I can buy for this price and as he has said,he can sell for this price.I sometimes think that he is crazy,as he does me but all in all we both love the hobby and truely support each other!Its OK to debate but dont degrade!

------------------

#5662 Fri Feb 03 2006 06:18 PM
OP Offline
Right on guys, I dont think anyone has a problem with people having a different idea on things, just when some say that your way or thougts are stupid. Remember there is more than one way to "skin a cat"

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

#5663 Sat Feb 04 2006 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I too get a lot of e-mails & phone calls from people that read the post and are members - but never post anymore - then talk to me directly asking NOT to be involved because of flamers.

I am a member of the Model T boards and The Banjo Hanjout board, this happens all the time. It seems the more members you get on a board the more this will happen. Our banjo hangout board is now at a membership of 14,000 + and it just keeps growing. It is now to the point that when a new person posts no one will even reply on the board. Kinda kills it. It is always the same people flaming the same thing over and over, like they are looking for a fight.

I see nothing wrong with discussion type posts, but just going back and forth is a waste of time and just makes everyone mad. I think we saw that in MY last 50 some responce post on million dollar pumps.

There was one time when I posted a subject on "same old **** " <--- that started the ** on the dirty words. It was about the high dollar 15 inch globes and getting things made in china to compete. Another time I posted a subject on making reproduction parts in China with some of my business contacts. YEA these two got a ton of flames, but in the end everyone learned a TON from the input from the dealers, and the dealers I hope got an insite to the custemers, and I think it was well worth it - we both learned about costs and why none of the gas pump things are being made in China for less retail prices... It was bad enough both times that I even got Seth's undies in a bunch! lol.... And the bad part about that is I like Seth ---> "I bet he kicks me in the jule's next time he sees me" I never intended to hurt or offend anyone, just voicing my voice to see if anyone had a better solution or agread with me...

It was the posts that inflame everyone like "your are a big old fat irish bla bla bla" that I thought was bad. That is not an informative answer to anything.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

#5664 Sat Feb 04 2006 03:19 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Travis...boxer briefs don't bunch easily!

#5665 Sat Feb 04 2006 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seth,.... Thats just a little bit, too much information...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
#5666 Sat Feb 04 2006 05:55 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I was just trying to get to know my fellow oldgassers.....

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved