Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
prices are lower than they were 3-5 years ago? Best joke I've heard on oldgas in a long time

Always looking for Mint oil cans. Esp Aviation and Outboard Oil Cans and pumps. Looking fot Cheerwine signs!
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Perdue31
prices are lower than they were 3-5 years ago?

where are you shopping?... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Perdue31
prices are lower than they were 3-5 years ago? Best joke I've heard on oldgas in a long time

When he's buying. But, they are up 10x or more when he's selling!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
The strength in numbers of a discussion forum is that there are some collectors who have lots of experience in Mobil or gas pumps and not nearly as much in Gilmore or oil cans. If we share what we know from experience, every person doesn't need to be an expert at everything. I can learn form you and we can both learn from the next guy.

The people who act like they know everything about everything usually don't.

Did somebody say Gilmore? wink I agree well put!

Last edited by luminor89; Sat Sep 06 2014 09:56 AM.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Oh Jim, did you ever say it well. thanks you made my day. And is so true.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
The strength in numbers of a discussion forum is that there are some collectors who have lots of experience in Mobil or gas pumps and not nearly as much in Gilmore or oil cans. If we share what we know from experience, every person doesn't need to be an expert at everything. I can learn form you and we can both learn from the next guy.

The people who act like they know everything about everything usually don't.

Excellent way with words, Jim!!!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks to all who commented and provided me and others with great information and in my case a valuable lesson! Sorry for not originally commenting as I got called out of country on a business trip and after returning I just had an opportunity to catch up on 5 pages of threads! Clearly and without question the sign is fake but instead of taking the post down I think there is more value in allowing the members go through it. And to those commenting on Scalptrader trader, I used to be a professional floor trader in the pits in Chicago where you would scalp or trade many orders hoping to make a small fraction! Thanks again for the education.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: scalptrader
And to those commenting on Scalptrader trader, I used to be a professional floor trader in the pits in Chicago where you would scalp or trade many orders hoping to make a small fraction! Thanks again for the education.

...like the guys in 'Trading Places'? wink

"Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One minute you're up half a million in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley. Are you with me?"

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's that dollar I owe you Mark.

trading_places_one_dollar.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOL...but I wish you'd posted a pic of Jamie Lee in that bikini laugh

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved