Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
SO...

Being that everyone here is saying $750 for the pair (including shipping) is too much, what IS the value of these SUPER COMMON globes?

Who here has some in similar condition that would be willing to sell two at the same price I'm offering them at?

Can't see how $750 shipping included is too much for two great original pieces of standard oil history!?!?

$_58.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i dont think $750 is unreasonable... but considering you can get one complete with good paint for $400-500... it makes those in that condition a hard sell. Have to find someone willing to do the work that it takes to repaint.

I think in that condition, with that much paint wear... they are more around a $275-300 each value. But thats also just my opinion.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
[quote=BryceG considering you can get one complete with good paint for $400-500... it makes those in that condition a hard sell. [/quote]

Can you provide completed eBay listing #s and or somewhere else that I can find these readily available complete with good paint globes for $400-$500?

Greg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
not that this is necessary... but maybe it will silence your need to justify yourself.

redcrown1.jpg redcrown2.jpg

G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm talking about TODAY

G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
The pics you posted above are either over a year old or don't have a date or selling source listed...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
*sigh*

..i tried. and you wonder why most of your threads get locked. whistle

G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
It is clear that $750 for the pair is a very fair price.

I just get a kick out of the few members here that insist on pushing back and trash talking anything for sale that is not theirs or one of their cronies...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Are you serious Brice was kind enough to answer your ridiculous question with proof that better globes sell at a regular price range and yours aren't near that condition so they would sell for less.

I'd only want to pay 175-225 for one of these in your condition. There's no way I'd ever want to pay 750 for two bad condition globes when I know I can pay 800-1000 for two great condition ones.

I'm sure this will be gone in an hour or so that's ok.

Lock it up.

Last edited by Oilcanman87; Fri Sep 12 2014 11:53 AM.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
I removed a post that was clearly against the guidelines. Name calling is not allowed, Period. Simple English folks... I can say it in Spanish if you would understand that more clearly.

FWIW, you want a red crown in similar condition to yours for less money? Send me a PM...

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gr8_signfinds
Can't see how $750 shipping included is too much for two great original pieces of standard oil history!?!?

...because - of all of Standard's crowns - these are, by far, the most common...and the paint is in terrible condition...

...'great original pieces of standard oil history' is mere puffery, and could easily be applied to maps and match covers as well...might work at a general auction, but it won't cut any ice on a site like Oldgas...

...will someone eventually pay you $750 for two globes that look like this? Possibly - but likely not on a forum such as this one, where better quality items are often available for less money...you will likely have better luck offering these at the local flea market (or farm auction), minus your shipping cost, of course...there you will have a bigger pool of beginner 'collectors', who would be too excited about merely finding an original gas globe, to consider things like rarity and condition...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gulfiend said it best right there. One more thing you blame oldgas but you keep listing it in eBay and they haven't sold either so that should tell you something.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mabey this'll help.

MjAxMi1hODM5NWQ1OTNmY2Q2MWNj.png

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JUNK KING
Mabey this'll help.

I'll file that under WWDBHaveSaid! LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: s932
Gulfiend said it best right there. One more thing you blame oldgas but you keep listing it in eBay and they haven't sold either so that should tell you something.

...and it's not; because a few e-Bay

Originally Posted By: gr8_signfinds
"members insist on pushing back and trash talking anything for sale that is not theirs or one of their cronies".

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Fri Sep 12 2014 05:13 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved