Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57058 Tue Nov 08 2005 09:51 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hello everybody,
I've been offered a service station equipement, twin clearvision gas pump. It needs to be restaured, and is in good shape and complete, except one cylinder is missing. What could be the value for this kind of gas pump?
Thanks for the answers.
Jean-sébastien

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#57059 Tue Nov 08 2005 10:38 AM
Z
Z
The value of an unrestored pump with both cylinders is 5500 on the low side and 8500 on the high side, this comes from the last 4 or 5 that I have either had to deal with directly or someone I knew. The biggest problem with the one you describe is that it is missing a cylinder (BIG BIG PROBLEM) a big chunk of the money is in those cylinders, they are triple etched and quite hard to come by. Do some research find one and get one secured or you might have a problem on your hands when go to restore it.

#57060 Tue Nov 08 2005 07:06 PM
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
does the pump have meters on the sides and under pricers if so mabe a little more. I agree with zach the cylinder is a big problem. But you can look at it too ways if you wanted to you could sell the one good cylinder if triple etched for more than it would cost for two acrylic cylinders. I was at a museum this summer and they had a dusenberg and many other beautifully restored cars and they also had a double clearvision that had acrylic cylinders and way too much chrome. I noticed that the pump stoped more people and got more coments that the million dollar car.

#57061 Wed Nov 09 2005 12:17 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I wouldnt talk about it very much,I would be over there picking it up and figure out the rest later!!!!!The cylinder problem is minimal and you have alot of options as stated.Dont sleep on it because someone else will be sleeping next to it tomorrow!!!!!Get my drift,Steve.

#57062 Wed Nov 09 2005 04:21 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks all for the reply,
I contacted the owner yesterday and the price he is asking is in the low part range Zach suggested, way to high for my budget. But maybe I could buy it and resell it. Is it a gas pump with a lot of demand?
Thanks again
Jean-sébastien

#57063 Wed Nov 09 2005 08:31 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
It is a pump with lots of demand, however missing a cylinder can be a huge problem. Triple-etched cylinder 1000.00 and up.

Hard to ship as well, easy to find a buyer if complete, less easy if it is not. Also if some of the parts are reproduction that will not help either..

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved