Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
ANYONE have info on the Pennsy kerosene storage and dispensing container ? It is about 28" deep X32" wide with the outer cover of wood and I assume the intern.tank of steel with a overrun area in the middle of the tob where you sit your can for the kerosene to be pumped into.The pump is a hand cranked brass approx. 24-28" tall.It has a fluid level gage on the front that is connected by small chain to (i assume) a float on the inside.It also has a brass dispenser amount gage on the pump that is set for the amt. you want the pump to dispense.IF you have an idea or info,especially PRICING,please let me know.I don't have pictures. Thanks Very Much

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Is it a Pennsylvania, or a Pennsy? Please give me everyting that is on the ID tag or any information possible, and I will try and identify it for you, here on this site. It would also be good to put a picture on this site so we all can help to identify it.
Jack Sim jssim@swbell.net

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
W
OP Offline
W
Jack, The kero disp. is a Pennsylvania,mfd. by The National Store Specialty Co.,Lanc. Pa It is 28" deep x 32" wide. I am trying for a picture also.If you think it would help,I can call on a land line to discuss. Wayne

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The National Store Specialty Company or N.S.S.Co. as they were known, was the manufacturer of the Pennsylvania Pump. I will be writing an article for "Check the Oil!" soon describing the differences between all the Pennsylvania companies.
I have a very rare N.S.S.Co. booklet showing your unit. The measurements you supply show it to have a 55 gallon capacity. There was also a celler installation, with the tank in the cellar and the pump right above it on the first floor. The pump was originally made for kerosene, turpentine, japan, machine oils, lubricating oils and linseed oils. There was also a twin version and an outside cabinet version (all in a wood case).
Your unit was the Model P, it sold for $55.00 in 1923, but I believe it is much older than 1923. This type of lubester was introduced around 1906-1907 by other companies.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
W
OP Offline
W
Jack, Thanks so much for your help.Is there a guess on what this is worth in excellent condition,and is it possible to scan the picture you have in the booklet and e-mail ? Again, thanks so much, Wayne Parrish

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
When it comes to units as this one, it is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it. If there is a N.S.S.Co. collector out there, he might be willing to give you a premium for it, or if there is someone out there who collects lubesters in wood cabinets, again he might give you a premium for it. But most collectors out there are not looking for a unit as you have. While it is rare, there just isn't a lot of people looking for one. Why not keep it, restore it, and enjoy it.

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks for the reply, I don't own it.I was interested in it,hence I was trying to get a feel for what it was worth.It is in excellent restored condition if anyone has an idea on price. Thanks

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved