Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#574338 Mon Oct 13 2014 08:08 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
I have had a bad encounter with the fellow member Notchcad buyer beware i purchased a Sinclair hc lubester plate and a Sinclair washing sign for 1140 dollars over a month ago I I sent him payment thru paypal once payment was received I lost all contact with him so I sent him message thru here and finally got a response saying phone got broke. AnyhowIi did finally receive the lubester plate after a month but I still haven't received the washing sign so i filed a dispute thru paypal hope i get my 815 dollars back.. He did message me thru here saying i needed to fix the paypal issue I told him I wanted my sign i bought or my money back and no response since after several trys.. SO BUYER BEWARE OF NOTCHCAD

Last edited by Rjhart123; Mon Oct 13 2014 08:09 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Indianationals, Notchad...... As the great late DB would say "stay away or you will pay" lol

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He was on oldgas today at 4:04PM.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Has he had previous bad transactions on here? 1100 dollars is alot of money I don't get why he can't ship my sign or at least explain what's going on? I shouldve just walked away from the purchase but never thought it would turn into this so again hope nobody else has to go thru this with him.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I dont know this Notchad, but I have seen his name around here. This is completely unacceptable! And, as Mike has stated, if there is a history of this guy doing such things, Jim, why is he still aloud to be a member? If a fellow member BS's someone out of even a penny he should be banned from these boards.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Guy is bad news,stiffed me on an ad glass.Non payer.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I have bought and sold both with Notchad and know him personally. Never had a problem NOR have I heard of problems...
If his phone broke and thats all he has for internet then Im sure he will fix this upon receipt of his new phone.
Isnt the washing sign TOO BIG to ship? Sounds like he shipped lubester BUT couldnt ship washing sign?
Im NOT trying to make excuses for him BUT Im sure he has an explanation....
Ron, You and Clint are both friends of mine...Let me know if I can help in mediating this situation. Good Luck!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The guy has a loooong history of not following through after he says he'll buy something. I don't recall hearing anything bad about him as a seller but I can't say I'm surprised.
My advice is to proceed with the PayPal dispute and get your money back.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A while back he replied to a want ad, I had posted.
While we never exchanged goods or money, he did say he would send me pictures of the item he had. Pm'ed him a couple times, with no results.

The guy lacks integrity in my books. What he says, and what he does are two different things.

Imperial Oil collector..
C
C
I'v been a member of this site for a while. This is not the first or second time i'v heard people complain about this seller. although iv never delt with him.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not as big a deal as yours,but he's the only person I've ever had a hard time with here,since I became a member.

I listed some items for sale on here awhile ago,and NOTCHCAD (Clinton) was the first to reply in the topic saying "I'll take them".
I then proceeded to get more interested buyers after him saying they want em too.
I replied to all afterwards that they were spoken for,then contacted NOTCHCAD via PM,email & phone #,asking him how does he want to send payment?.................crickets.
This went on for 2 weeks.
I then contacted the others after him who were interested whom I told they had already sold,asking them if they still wanted em,as the first went AWOL.
Some said yes,and I proceeded to go ahead and make arrangements with the then 2nd in line.
Then suddenly NOTCHCAD came out of the woodwork saying he'd been busy @ work,and that his phone & internet went dead and payment was coming to me.I then told 2nd in line to please wait as the first in line came back...But again,nothing appeared from NOTCHCAD.
As time went by,I was then so frustrated,I emailed the 2nd in line again saying they were yours,when I then get an email from paypal saying my payment from NOTCHCAD had arrived.Nearly 1 month after I initially started my ad here.
I apologized to the 2nd in line for wasting his time,and reluctantly sold the items to NOTCHCAD,but I wouldn't do business with him again if he was selling life preservers while I was drowning.

Last edited by Cold Pizza; Tue Oct 14 2014 07:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Online Cool
There have been a number of topics in the past about members being unable to reach Notchcad for extended periods.
Type " Notchcad " in the Google Custom search at the bottom of this page.

He has a number of times not followed through on his statements that he will buy something. We have gotten complaints that he has been very slow in shipping large items.

But I haven't gotten a complaint about him not shipping at all. He does have quite a few happy customers.

Since Paypal does have a time limit, I recommend getting a refund on any deal where the seller is unresponsive before the time limit is ended.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeez….sad to hear. Its to bad stuff like this happens. It seems like these transactions should go nice and smooth ya know?

Braden Splichal

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
As explained numerous times, having a bit of troubles getting anyone to ship the washing sign besides freight. And with the filing a claim on PayPal and them taking away the payment would you still be expecting the sign? Thanks for those who told me this stuff was posted and know who I am. For those who wanna cry and have nothing better to do.... Send me your addresses and I'll send you some tissues.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Yea this isn't my first go around with him roughly 2 years ago I spent over 10k at one shot with him but that time I did a bank wire transfer well that was the wrong move I didn't think I was ever going to get the signs I purchased it took months to get them. I swore I'd never buy from him again then 2 or 3 months back I posted a item on here for sale and he contacted me but I had already sold it he then said he had these 2 signs he would sell me and he apologized for what happened last time and swore these signs would go out right away and here I am here posting a bad experience well I may have been fooled twice but it won't happen a 3rd time I promise you that...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved