Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#57793 Sun Dec 28 2003 03:47 PM
C
cnepace Offline OP
OP Offline
C
That sounds great Big Cheese! I need to get some pics of the 1930's Chest Coke Machine but here are some of the 1965 Coke Machine, Its functional too!
www.cnepace.com/coke.htm

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#57794 Sun Dec 28 2003 03:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I FORGOT TO MENTION EARLIER AS SOME OTHERS MAY'VE THAT THERE ARE BARGAINS TO BE FOUND AND HAD ON EBAY. THERE IS ONE GUY WHO GOES UNDER THE blacklincoln NAME.
HE'S A QUEBECian THAT USUALLY HAS
SOME PRETTY COOL GAS/OIL & SODA STUFF. HE RUNS HOT AND COLD....CURRENTLY COLD
WELCOME cnepace!!!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE

#57795 Sun Dec 28 2003 04:23 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Cnepace, I attended both the spring and fall show in Brighton and always came home with what I felt was a great deal on a gas pump. There is always a good selection of pumps from the most common (and inexpensive) the the highline (rare) pumps.

#57796 Sun Dec 28 2003 04:35 PM
R
R
the guys are right, it takes time. over the last 5 years i found 4 pumps by accident. mostly on vacation, 1 work trip. my last find( may 2003)in lake george(ny) an old closed railroad station and behind the building, 2 pumps. thru them in the back of my pickup and their in my garage now. dont be afraid to get out of your car and walk around and ask questions at the local stores, a deli, lunchonette, general store, gas staion. you would be amazed at what people know and what they are willing to talk about. good luck...

#57797 Sun Dec 28 2003 06:28 PM
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Usually find my stuff through friends, flea market and garage sales. As a shameless ebay plug I just added a couple starter qt cans on ebay. User ID Novatattoo

Later,Bill

------------------
64 Chevy Pick up,65 Sportvan custom, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. CoolCustomCD.com
Bill

52 Ford F1 Pick up, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. CoolCustomCD.com and MYCARS
#57798 Sun Dec 28 2003 07:09 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
So far you have gotten some very good ideas and very sound advice from your fellow oldgas.com collectors! I, like you, am fairly new to this fantastic hobby. I've been searching for items approx 1 1/2 years. I've procured 52 gas pumps, 18 lubesters, about 25 curb pumps BUT HERE IS MY LESSON FOR YOU; I HAVE NOT RAN ACROSS THE FIRST AIR STATION of any kind!! So from one perspective, you've got me beat!!! A few ideas that I will pass on to you follows; 1- Seek out meter readers (electic, H2O, etc.) and brief them on the type items you are looking. Then tell them that you will pay them a cash finder's fee for any lead that works out. 2- Remember, anything desireable that's on the "main drag" that can be purchased is more than likely LONG GONE. The back roads, nooks and crannies are where you'll have the best luck. 3- Get some cards made up stating that you're a vintage service station collector, will pay good money for items, phone number(s), etc. and hand them to every living soul you encounter. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, if it was easy EVERYBODY would collect this crazy stuff we desire. GOOD LUCK! Neal Dunn (aka gas pump freak)

#57799 Sun Dec 28 2003 07:10 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
So..did you get the Ecometer?? and if your grandma had it she may have more stuff!!

You probably dont realize this but they are not that easy to find...you can always get one on ebay..but try finding one!!! I know guys that can find 6 Wayne 60,s to every air meter and the Wayne 60,s are not that easy to find.
Going to a Gas Bash will certainly give you an idea of what you will like. Otherwise you can spend a long time liking everything you never seen before!! New cool thing every week. Then you got to consider your budget, storage space (and ability to display things), those sort of things. Rough stuff in the long run is not the best deal.

Choose carefully & have fun!!..dodogas..

#57800 Sun Dec 28 2003 07:12 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Neil if you got 25 Handcranks..curbpumps..lets see a pic or start a topic on them...dodogas

#57801 Sun Dec 28 2003 07:33 PM
C
cnepace Offline OP
OP Offline
C
dogogas, Yes I got the air meter. Funny thing is that just driving around my town I saw 4 ols stations with eco air meters hanging on the wall still in service! I didnt bother asking if they would sell them because then what would they use!? I may go back and try, I can maybe use them as trading items for an old pump. Oe station has been closed for 20 years but I dont have the guts to just take it!

#57802 Sun Dec 28 2003 08:01 PM
R
R
take it before i get there...

#57803 Sun Dec 28 2003 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'M WITH RICH - HERE'S SOME "GUTS".....NOW GO AND TAKE IT! OR IT WILL BOTHER YOU FOR MONTHS!
WE DARE YA! JUST DO NOT GET IN TROUBLE...AND IF YA DO ...YOU DON'T KNOW US!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE WEST

#57804 Sun Dec 28 2003 08:16 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
This is the best thing you can do is talk to these guys that have been around & made most of the mistakes your getting ready to make. I bought a pump from a friend of a friend that just put the word out. Some do this to make money.... so be it, for me, I like the hunt, the buy, the collecting, & hope you didn't grt hurt to bad by buying something that will grow as Butch told me at Fred's this year. Buy quality & the price will catch up if you over paid, but buy a dog, once a dog, always a dog.

------------------
Elden

#57805 Sun Dec 28 2003 08:21 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
This is the best thing you can do is talk to these guys that have been around & made most of the mistakes your getting ready to make. Let people know what you like and that you are a buyer at a fair price and then do the same for them if they want or need something, as what comes around goes around as they say. I bought a pump from a friend of a friend that just put the word out. Some do this to make money.... so be it, for me, I like the hunt, the buy, the collecting, & hope I didn't get hurt to bad by buying high on something that will grow as Butch told me at Fred's this year. Buy quality & the price will catch up if you over paid, but buy a dog, once a dog, always a dog.

#57806 Sun Dec 28 2003 08:49 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
dodogas, I am 75% finished with a barn for my stuff (28 X 50 X 2 stories tall). I currently have my curb pumps in a dark shipping container. What's neat about these babies are no two are the same, each is unique. There are Bowsers, G&Bs, Phillips, etc. In two or three weeks I'll have them in the new barn and I'll post the photos of them on here. One of our oldgas.com fellow members from Kentucky visited me a week ago and said I have enough of these handcrankers to make a fence. Creative thinking but NO WAY!! Thanks for the reply!! Neal Dunn gpf

#57807 Sun Dec 28 2003 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't just take it . Find the owner of the property then ask, he might give it to you or sell it at a low price. Stealing not permited in this hobby!!

Rob

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 12-28-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 12-28-2003).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved