Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#583106 Sat Nov 29 2014 12:07 PM
M
OP Offline
M
My grandfather-in-law owned the Yale Gas distributorship in southwest Montana and a Litening Gas station on Main Street in Bozeman, Montana (early 1940's). I have located the recreated logo decal on an antique gas pump at our local museum. I would like to get permission to use the logo for a family reunion. Anyone have any thoughts? Many thanks ... much appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yale sold out to Standard of NJ (Exxon) in the 1940s and phased out the trademark at the end of the war. If your use is not for profit, of historical interest or for educational purposes, I wouldn't worry about it. Probably no one at Exxon would even recognize the brand.

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC
Images from Montana Pioneer
"The two attachments are 1: My grandfather-in-law’s Litening Gas station in Bozeman, Montana (early 40’s) and 2: Litening Gas decal on antique gas pump at our local museum. The building was listed on the Historical Register and was subsequently torn down in the late 80’s after being home to many different gas stations and finally the Silent Knight muffler shop."

lightning1.jpeg Lightning Gas_2.jpeg
M
OP Offline
M
Hey Wayne ... you made my day! We hope to have the Litening Gas logo printed on shirts/hats for the 100th year anniversary of our family being residents of Montana. I feel comfortable using the logo now, as our purpose is "not for profit", and is of historical value to our family. So thankful you answered my inquiry. smile

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved