Next Thread
Print Thread
#593115 Mon Jan 19 2015 08:52 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
All the info when ordering a cylinder from petro nuts or Vic's says 12.5x24 but when you ask a collector they say it needs to be 12.5x 24.5". Does that half inch matter? Will it be a problem with the original light conduit? I would like to get it right the first time. Thanks for your help! Todd.

Coryell 70/Nebraska items wanted
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originals were 12.5 by 24.5, but as to your question--Without having it in front of me to look at and do a mock up, I don't know if it would be a problem or not? I should be easy to do a mock up on your pump and see if there will be a problem or not?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Thx Kevin.

C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
I was having it cut so I called down to edit the size to 24.5 but they had just cut the glass. I guess if it is a little short I will have to add an extra cork gasket on the top and bottom. I had checked three websites that sell them and they all said 24" for the butlers. I won't get the pump until Iowa Gas so it will be awhile before I can check it out.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
just did this myself. ordered a glass cylinder and it was half inch short (at least!) from the original. so, I put an extra gasket on top and bottom and the top "just" got on there with the treads. one or two of my rods were longer than the others so the top would hit them before completely sitting on the bottom of the formed stops. so, you may have to shave a bit off a rod or two to get your top to seat all the way down. chuck

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved