Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
For Sale Forum Guidelines for Buyers and Sellers

The For Sale forum is intended strictly for buying and selling. Announcements of your eBay auctions may be placed here also.
Please restrict comments in this forum to those directly related to the buying or selling of the items listed in the topic.

All items for sale in this forum must be priced by the seller.

Items offered for sale must be owned by the seller and in his/her possession.

We accept and encourage member eBay announcements to be placed in the "For Sale or Trade Petroliana" forum OR the "online Auctions, eBay Petroliana" forum. Not both. eBay Announcement Topics posted in the For Sale forum will be subject to the Guidelines of the For Sale forum, so no critical posts about the seller, price or condition of the item. Please post the auction title and a complete link to the eBay auction.

New Members are restricted from posting New Topics in the For Sale forums until they have demonstrated knowledge of the forum and how our online community works with their posts. After 2 such posts, including posting a photo, new members may request an upgrade to regular privileges. Request an upgrade by clicking on the Contact link near the top of this page.

Posts that criticize the condition or price of the item will be deleted.
If you don't like the price or the item, pass on it or send the seller a PM or email.
If you want to offer a lower price, a package deal or trade, do it via email or PM message not on the seller's topic. You may post "PM sent" if you like, but keep the secondary offer private. If the seller states that they are open to offers, only then can offers be publically posted.
Posts that are "off-topic" and not directly related to the selling of the item will be deleted.

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.

Reproduction, fantasy or other newly made items must be clearly described as such.
All reproduction and fantasy signs, globes, cans and bottles must be marked in a permanent manner for said items to be offered for sale on Oldgas.com. Your cooperation on this is required for future participation.

The "For Sale Petroliana for Bids, Offers and Trades (unpriced)" forum is available for new topics only by established members who have a valid reason. Make the request by clicking the Contact link.Auctions in the Unpriced For Sale forum must have a specific end time and any other conditions defined in the first post.

This forum category is for gas station collectibles and auto service memorabilia, which includes tire, battery, other auto service and auto dealership signs. Other items may be offered for sale in the Non-Petro For Sale category as explained in the Guidelines in that forum.

Bump posts to move your topic up the list - It all comes down to empathy and respect for the other members. By boosting up your topic, it pushes down the other topics in that forum. Practicing respect for each other is expected by everyone who participates. If the moderators feel that respect is lacking by a bumping incident, the bump post may be deleted and/or the topic locked. See details in the next post of this topic.

Members who notice questionable behavior or violations of the above guidelines are asked to click the "Notify" button in that post to alert the moderators. Thank You.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
5 members like this: Sunflower2021, Sunflower2021, Gwd, Jeff cross, Jeff cross
All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
"Reverse auction" price drops are considered bump posts as specified in the For Sale Guidelines.

Sellers who bump For Sale topics with price drop, or no price drop, within 3 days (72 hours) from the last post (by anyone) can expect a moderator to delete the post.

Sellers who over-use bump posts, putting other sellers at a disadvantage, can expect posts to be deleted and/or topics locked.

For Sale posts that add "Make an Offer" or added description, etc. will be considered bump posts since all info and terms should be in the first post of the topic. You may edit your original post for 10 hours.

There are reasonable exceptions, such as to post that an item is sold or to answer a question.

Sellers who abuse bumping or other Guidelines can be put into a separate classification with limited posting privileges.

Last edited by Oldgas; Wed Nov 19 2014 05:52 AM. Reason: edit to define bump more clearly

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Is this the area to request an upgrade TO SELL? If it is , I am asking permission TO SELL. If not, could you direct me to the right thread or forum ? Thanks Pumpdoc.

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
To contact Oldgas.com about your membership level, click on the "Contact" link near the top right side on any Shop Talk forum page.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
R
I was wondering the same question. we did the contact thing already, but had no reply. is there a person we can send a pm to?

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Sending a message through the "Contact" link is the best way to contact me about a membership account question. I do spend time with family away from the computer, so I ask for patience in waiting for a reply.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
R
can we buy things that are for sale? before we have the approval to sell? Just didn't know?

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Absolutely....your money is as green as everyone elses.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Seems as if there a lot of meaningless replies to FOR SALE posts with "wow", "amazing", "awesome", "great sign", etc. Are these not "free bumps" from members just wanting to increase their post totals, or friends bumping a buddy's item inside the
72-hour limit?

Dave

Dave
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Dave, you are right that comments not directly related to the sale of an item are against the Guidelines. There probably are some abuses as you mention, but the moderators don't want to be too heavy handed in deleting posts that are more "fluff" than abusive. We'll try to watch more closely at any trend of collusive bumping. Fluff posts are another reason to not take post count totals too seriously.

From the For Sale Guidelines:
"Please restrict comments in this forum to those directly related to the buying or selling of the items listed in the topic."

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dear Old Gss,
I have really enjoyed being part of the Old Gas community. Thank you! As per the "For Sale" guideline I would like to request an "upgrade" to regular membership so that I might sale items on the website. I have posted several topics on the discussion board with photos and have made 3 purchases from the for sale forum. Thank you for the consideration.
Steohenwarren30
Steve
Bryan, TX

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sending a message through the "Contact" link is the best way to contact me about a membership account question. I do spend time with family away from the computer, so I ask for patience in waiting for a reply.

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm having trouble getting my items on for sale can you tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks gary

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by gavs
I'm having trouble getting my items on for sale can you tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks gary

In the top post of this topic are the Guidelines for this forum. In the Guidelines there is this rule, - "New Members are restricted from posting New Topics in the For Sale forums until they have demonstrated knowledge of the forum and how our online community works with their posts. After 2 such posts, including posting an image, new members may request an upgrade to regular privileges."

You have not posted a photo image yet. When you do, click on the "Contact" link at the top of this page and let me know.

If you are having trouble posting even a test image, contact me for help after you have tried.

On the "Full Editor Reply" or "New Topic" screen, scroll down below the post icons and click on "Attachment Manager"

Use the Attachment Manager popup window to navigate on your device to select your photo.

Our Testing Area forum where you can try out image uploads and posting:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=11

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
S
S
Jim,
I like the rules.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings