Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Haven't met anyone myself, but back in the early years, my dad met quite a few folks that went on to become country music legends. Kitty Wells, The Statler Brothers, and a couple other fellows he met at small bars, back in the day...

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
My favorites are Paul Tibbets, Morris Jeppson, Dutch Van Kirk, crew members of the Enola Gay. I was fortunate enough to be able to assist in the restoration of this historic aircraft and meet them at the presentation.

Ed
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jennifer Aniston, Oh wait, That was a dream.

I sold my GULF collection to Rich Gannon,

Checked out the A/C system in Cecil Fielders Florida mansion with my brother, Cecil walked the house/garage/property with us, showing us his goodies, he then brought us in to his 12 year old son Prince Fielders room, to Wake him up.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bought Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead a beer one time.

Bought James Cotton several beers one night. James Cotton Blues Band

Got wasted with Paul Thorn one night, good private party after his show. Have talked with him a few times since at other shows.

Lived across the street form Paul Tsongas , he was a politician that ran for President at one point. My sisters baby sat his kids.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know quite a few Nascar drivers that I guess are celebrities to a lot of people. Mark Martin used to race at our home track when he was 14. Ken Schrader and Rusty Wallace both raced around our area when they were coming up, I knew Kenny better than Rusty as he kept running dirt even after his Nascar heyday. Michael Waltrip drove one of our modifieds in a two race promotion one year for IMCA. We partied both nights and had a blast, I would've never thought he would be the tv personality he became. I've met a lot of others over the years and some of the younger drivers from Missouri were just kids when I was doing it. I was good friends with Jamie McMurray's dad for many years when they were still in Joplin and Jamie was still in karts.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I've met three hockey hall of famers over the years, Phil Esposito, Bobby Hull and Mike Modano. I actually got autographs from all of them as well.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I met John Force, Ashley Force, Danny Kocher, and Richard Rawlings.

They where all at auto rama this year.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got blotto with Bryan Adams when we were about 15, had a stack of Marshalls in his mom's living room, the windows shook when he played China Grove. He was a good friend of my cousin in Canada. Guess he wasn't really a celebrity until later. Shook hands with Dan Hicks, Joe Walsh, Loretta lynn, Willy Mays and Willie McCovey at candlestick park, yelled suggestions at Jerry Garcia and lots of others on stage, some might have even heard me. Best of all was Soupy Sales lifted my hat off my head and made it talk when I was about 7, I was amazed.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jerry Lewis,1954,Cannes France,we were anchored there and he came out in a small boat.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I graduated from high school with Boyd Dowler. He played for the Green Bay Packers when they played the first Super Bowl. He didn't play that game as he was out injured. Played golf with him at the last class reunion. Met James Garner overseas at the EM Club where he was shooting pool. He was part of a USO show there. And the best was meeting my childhood hero Roy Rogers at my local bowling alley when he was in Cheyenne to perform at Cheyenne Frontier Days night show many years ago. Mitch

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When Soupy Sales was promoting his movie When Birds Do It he stopped by my home town. I didn't actually meet him but he did wave directly at me when I was standing on my chair waving at him. It is a great childhood memory of mine. That was almost 50 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. Brady

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Being an event photographer the last 20 yrs. has given me the opportunity to meet and get a photo with a wide variety of celebrities. Looking at the front of my 'wall of fame" as I call it are me with: Presidents Obama and Clinton, Condoleeza Rice, Sir Richard Branson, Michael J Fox, David Blaine, David Letterman, John Melancamp and Elaine Erwin, Rusty Wallace, Helio Castoneves, Gale Sayers, Peyton Manning, Dan Patrick, Fuzzy Zoeller, Arnold Palmer, Payne Stewart, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Back in the day NSYNC and 96 degrees. Recently Imagine Dragons, Train the Avette Brothers and Will I Am. Too many more to list. It's been a fun career.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Roy Acuff in 1982 with my grandfather.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have met some famous people over the years...mostly by accident and not at events. My favorite was many years ago (long story short) I was invited to a breakfast where Nolan Ryan was the keynote speaker. He stuck around and signed autographs. I had brought an American League baseball and he signed it and started to hand it back to me. I stepped back and asked him to toss it to me. He did and kind of had a grin on his face and I said, "I can tell my future grandchildren I played catch with Nolan Ryan." He laughed.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Celebrities are normal people that have had great fortune at what they do. They put their pants on one leg at a time.
But I thought about it and yes I have a list.
Nascar drivers to many to list many we have raced against at local tracks. Bought Dale Jrs. lunch several weekends as his dad would send him to Nashville when he was first starting Late models. Have worked on several country music stars homes over the years. Tracy Lawernce, Reba McIntire, Charie Daniels. Reba was a witch to work for.
And then there is Legends. Chaired a AA meeting and then had lunch afterwards with some guy named Cash who dressed in all black. I will never forget as long as I live .

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved